The Institute aims to :
1. To perform and facilitate research, case studies and conflict ---management training especially in the dispute cases related to the ---natural resources, environment and public policy.
2. To establish information center especially for the data related to ---major conflict occurred in Thailand and in some international ---events.
3. To provide academic and professional services in term of training, ---lecturing, consultation, mediation to other agencies.
Institute for Dispute Resolution's Director is Assoc. Prof. Dr. Suwit Laohasiriwong
(Contact details are available to registered journalists)
Dr. Suwit has actively involved in negotiation and dispute resolution implementation since 1994. Work is focused on mediation and dispute resolution for both in training and the facilitation of peace-building activities. Has been involved in the facilitation of a number of CIDA supported training workshops on Conflict Management and Resolution projects. The aim of the Institute for Dispute Resolution which he was fonding Deputy Director and currently Director is threefold; to perform and facilitate research, case studies and conflict management training especially in the dispute cases, natural resources, environment and public policy; to establish an information center especially for the data related to major conflict occurring in Thailand and internationally; to provide academic and professional services in terms of training, lecturing, consultation and mediation to other agencies.
Selectected publications from Institute for Dispute Resolution include:
1. Dispute Resolution in Thailand, Working Together for Peace and Prosperity, June 8-9, 1995, Khon Kaen, Thailand (Conference ----materials)
2. Proceedings of a workshop : Dispute Resolution in Thailand : ----Working together for Peace and Prosperity (KKU, CORE, UVIC ----IDR)
3. Public Participation, Process and Techniques (in Thai)
4. Energy and Conflict in Thailand Cambodia and LaoPDR
5. Processes and skills for Resolving Public Policy Disputes : A ----Train Workshop (CIDA)
6. Conflict Management Manual (in Thai), (Dhumrong Rachanuparp ----Institute and IDR 1996)
7. Study Report on Conflict Prevention and Resolution on Public ----Policy Dispute and Activities with Community (Volume One) ----(Dhumrong Rachanuparp Inst. and IDR 1996)
8. Study Report on Conflict Prevention and Resolution on Public ----Policy and Activities with Community (Volume Two :Six cases ----study), Dhumrong Rachanuparp Inst. and IDR 1996)
9. Manual for Training : Conflict Management and Public ----Participation Volume One (Thai language and English language ) ----(CIDA).
10. Thai Translation of " Mediation Process" by Christopher Moore 11.) Quarterly Newsletter "Peace Net " Bilingual
11. Proceedings: Southeast Asian Regional Forum on Peaceful Conflict Management and Good Governance (SEAFILD)
12. Conflict Resolution Process in Thai Society in Under the New Constitution (SEAFILD - in Thai)
13. Direction of Thai Society in Conflict Resolution: Criticize Public Hearing Searching for New Way (SEACSN -in Thai)