The candidate will:
- produce significant research and scholarly publications on the media and press systems of the region
- collaborate with scholars in the region, within the College of Communication Arts and Sciences and other MSU academic units, and in other U.S. and non-U.S. institutions
- develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses related to international journalism and press systems and practices in South-east Asia and/or South Asia, as well as other courses within the school's curriculum
- provide outreach/training for professionals and educators in the region and for U.S. journalists covering the region.
The candidate should have
- a Ph.D. or equivalent
- a record of interdisciplinary research, teaching interests in press and media systems, and practices in Muslim countries of South-east Asia and/or South Asia, with South-east Asia preferred
- fluency in at least one language in the region
- familiarity and/or experience with media and communications industries in the region
Review of applications will begin on Jan. 30, 2007. Position to begin Aug 16, 2007. Mail application letter, CV, transcript of highest degree, copies of published research (including research on South-east Asia or South Asia press and media, and three letters of recommendation to:
Search Committee Chair
School of Journalism
305 Communication Arts Bldg
Michigan State University
East Lansing MI 48824
You may also e-mail a letter of interest and CV with the statement that the other materials (transcript, published articles and recommendations) are coming by mail.
For queries, write to [email protected].