The award recipients, in alphabetical order of last name, are:
• Mr CHU Chen-on, Co-founder, October Pictures Limited
• Dr Herman LAU Mun-cheung, Hospital Chief Executive, Bradbury Hospice, Cheshire Home, Shatin, and Shatin Hospital
• Sr LAU Ping-cheung, GBS, JP, Managing Director, Biel Asset Management Company Limited and Member, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) Council
• Ir Arthur LEE Kam-hung, Founder and Chairman, Kolinker Group and Member, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) Council
• Mr Alex LUI Chun-wan, a renowned architect and city planner, and Member, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) Court
• Mr Elton NG Chun-ting, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Centre of Rehabilitation & Exercising Specialist
• Mrs Natalia SENG SZE Ka-mee, Vice Chairman of Tricor HK and Offshore, Member of Tricor China Management Committee, Tricor Group and Tricor Services Limited
• Mr Dominic TAM Jo-tak, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Combine Will International Holdings Limited
• Mr Marcellus WONG Yui-keung, Vice Chairman, AMTD Group
(Please refer to the Appendix for the biodata of the recipients.)
Jointly organised by PolyU and the Federation of PolyU Alumni Associations, the biennial Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award aims at honouring outstanding graduates of PolyU and its forerunning institutions – the Government Trade School, the Hong Kong Technical College and the Hong Kong Polytechnic – for their remarkable professional achievements and contributions to the community and their alma mater.
The Outstanding PolyU Alumni Award was first launched in 1996 and this year marks the 12th award presentation. So far, more than 70 distinguished alumni in various professions have been honoured and they are fine testimony of PolyU's accomplishments in nurturing professional talents for the community.
The seven-member Panel of Judges is chaired by Dr the Hon Victor LO Chung-wing, Chairman of University Court, PolyU. Members, in alphabetical order of last name, include: Dr Hubert CHAN Chung-Yee, Former Deputy President of Outstanding PolyU Alumni Association; Prof Philip C. H. CHAN, Interim President of PolyU; Mr Jimmy KWOK Chun-wah, Chairman of Federation of Hong Kong Industries; Dr Edwin LEONG Siu-hung, Chairman of Tai Hung Fai Charitable Foundation Limited; Dr Eric LI Ka-cheung, President of Hong Kong Family Welfare Society; and Mr Alex WONG Chun-bong, President of Federation of PolyU Alumni Associations.
While boasting a proud history of 80 years, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) (PolyU) is a vibrant and aspiring university with a forward-looking vision and mission. Committed to building a talent pipeline and research strength for advancing the development of Hong Kong, the Nation and the world, PolyU provides the best holistic education to nurture future-ready global citizens and socially responsible leaders, conducts high-impact interdisciplinary research and proactively transfers knowledge to create value and build impact. We embrace internationalization and engage the Nation for education and research through strategic partnerships and collaborations.
With “Opening Minds. Shaping the Future” as our brand promise, the University is currently offering more than 160 taught programmes via six faculties and two schools, engaging in 3,200 exciting research projects and partnering with over 660 institutions overseas and in mainland China on a wide variety of initiatives. We have over 400,000 alumni around the globe and 28,000 students.