* To encourage television programme makers to produce programmes that counter the influence of violence on the screen and conceptualise content that conveys clear messages to create an awareness among the audience for the need for survival,education,protection and development of children as enshrined in the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
At the end of the workshop the participants will be able to
* acquire knowledge on the relevant articles of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and its implications in relation to violent content in children's programmes,
* identify types of programmes that are considered violent yet, popular among the children's audience,
* determine types of programmes that creates public awareness and understanding on the need for protecting children from harmful programmes on the screen.
* determine concepts on how best the contents of CRC can be incorporated in producing programmes that counter the influence of violence as enshrined in the Convention on the Rights of Child.
PROFILE OF THE PARTICIPANTS
* Television producers / reporters with at least 5-7 years experience in television programme production.
* Preference will be given to those who are involved in producing children's programmes and /or reporting on children's issues.
* Upper age limit is 40 years.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications should reach AIBD on or before 24 August 2007.