The incumbent is an information management (IM) specialist and a member at the intermediate level of the Information Management and Innovation Services (IMIS) group responsible for the development and deployment of IM solutions to support the Centre’s business or research activities and commitments.
The incumbent will:
• Perform studies, gather and analyse information search requirements in consultation with clients and in response to their user needs;
• Develop and maintain the metadata framework, definitions and standards;
• Define metadata fields of IM systems in use at the Centre;
• Test IM applications developed in SharePoint and other IM systems;
• Develop guidelines, documentation and maintenance procedures related to the metadata structure in SharePoint;
• Develop rules and procedures to ensure the quality of data in the different IM systems in use at the Centre.
• University degree required in Information Science, Information Management or Information Systems, or an acceptable combination of education, experience and training.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Records Management, Library, Information Management or Information Systems development
• Experience with business process and business needs analysis
• Experience in data modelling or information management systems
• Experience defining metadata content
• This is a bilingual position (English and French) at an advanced level.
• Knowledge of a third language is an asset.
• Knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and ECM (enterprise content management)
• Knowledge of systems analysis, design, development and testing techniques
• Knowledge of IDRC history, policies, programs and governance
• Ability to effectively cope with a changing environment within established timeframes
• Ability to communicate efficiently orally and in writing
• Ability to evaluate client needs in the various service points
• Aptitude for detailed work
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills
For more information regarding primary duties or responsibilities, view Job Details.
How to Apply:
• Click the button « Apply for this Position »;
• Complete the electronic application form; and
• Within this application form, attach your cover letter and CV.
Please provide a cover letter along with your CV, setting out precise examples of how your experience, qualifications, and skills match those required for this position.