The event featured Keynote Presentations from Professor Chua Chee Kai, Director NTU Additive Manufacturing Centre, Singapore and Professor Makoto
Nakamura, Graduate School of Science and Engineering for Research, University of Toyama, Japan.
The world’s leading experts presented their latest research covering all aspects of 3D Bioprinting to an international audience and then opened up the floor to lively panel discussions on each afternoon.
Topics discussed at the event include:
* Additive Manufacturing in Tissue Engineering : Current state-of-the-art on 3D Scaffolds
* 4D Bioprinting : biofabrication of rod-like and tubular tissue engineered constructs using programmable self-folding bioprinted biomaterials
* Peptide Inks : Bio-printing Self-Assembling Ultrashort Peptides to Build Nanofibrous Scaffolds for Regenerative Medicine Applications
* Microfluidic Cell Patterning Technique for Multicellular Dynamics Studies
* Regulatory Updates on Cellular and Tissue-based Products
* The Patent Landscape of Bioprinting
* The concepts of the challenges for the developments of Bioprinting and Biofabrication
* Organ Printing as an Information Technology : Towards Tissue and Organ Informatics
* 3D Bioprinting – Bioassembly Robots and Bioinks
* Magnetic 3D Bioprinting for High-Throughput Drug Screening
* Bioprinting interfaces for 2D and 3D Cell and Tissue models
* Multi-photon processing - a versatile technology platform for the development of standard bio-mimetic microenvironments for 3D cell culture
* A New Approach for 3D Tissue & Organ Fabrication Inspired From Orthopaedic Surgery
* 3D Bioprinting of Human Embryonic Stem Cells
The highly topical panel discussions covered the following areas:
Day 1 - Intellectual Property Landscape / Ethics Surrounding Bioprinting Human Parts and Tissue / Regulatory Path Forward
Day 2 - Easiest Tissue and Organ to Bioprint / Technology Advancement and Innovation for Bioprinting / How far are we realistically from the Clinic?
The audience also took advantage of a complimentary tour of the NTU Additive Manufacturing Centre, hosted by Professor Chua. Here the attendees were
able to learn about the latest research at the facility which was enabled by the major investment Nanyang Technological University has undertaken.
The feedback for the event was exemplary and some of the quotes are shown below:
“From a Co-Chair perspective, I am very pleased, the meeting was well organised and covered all aspects of the subject, from the scientific techniques through to intellectual property, moving forward in to the next advancements we can expect to see in the field. I am already looking forward to next year’s meeting.”
Professor Chua Chee Kai, Director NTU Additive Manufacturing Centre, Singapore.
“Very good, gathered together many excellent speakers, I will definitely be involved next year.”
Professor Makoto Nakamura, Graduate School of Science and Engineering for Research, University of Toyama, Japan.
“Outstanding science, engineering, intellectual property and regulatory discussions”
Dr. Stuart Williams, Director, University of Louisville, USA.
“The most exciting conference I have ever attended. Very inspiring and very well organised.”
Dr. Vladimir Mironov, Visiting Professor, Centre for Information Technology Renato Archer, Brazil.
“Very stimulating, I really enjoyed it. It was a pleasure to be here with the leaders in the field. Great debates about the future developments to come.”
Dr. Weinmao (Will) Shu, Associate Professor, Heriot Watt University, UK.
“Very good, well done, great organisation, I would like to be involved next year.”
Dr. Aleksandr Ovsianikov, Asst. Professor, Vienna University of Technology, Austria.
“Hot, important growing area and Select Biosciences is helping to lead the way. The panel discussions were especially innovative.”
Dr. Mark DeCoster, Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Louisiana Tech University, USA.
Next year’s event will also take place in Singapore, the dates are the 9-10 July, 2015. For further information please use the details shown below.
Paul Raggett, CEO
Select Biosciences South East Asia Pte. Ltd.
16 Raffles Quay, #33-03 Hong Leong Building,
Tel: +65 9186 3246
Email: [email protected]