International Conclave on Skills Development - Building People & Building India
India has one of the youngest population in the world. This event aims to explore how India can provide to the graying world what it most needs - a productive workforce.
India's economy has undergone dramatic transformation in the last decade. With one of the youngest population in the world & the only country with a declining age - dependency ratio, India can provide to the graying world what it most needs - a productive workforce.
To make best use of this opportunity, an understanding of the International models, policy initiatives, programs and delivery agendas in the arena of skills development is crucial. India needs to absorb from the global experiences - success & failures to re-invent and strategize for skills delivery. Across the world economies have fast realized the importance of skills and so special focus has been given to education & training at all levels. The imperative for India is to build partnerships and utilize experiences of the world leaders.
It is thus, that with the above aim Confederation of Indian Industry is organizing the International Conclave on Skills Development - Building People & Building India on 12th December 2007 at New Delhi.
The objective of the conclave is to create a platform for the stakeholders national & global - to come together for
- Sharing information, experiences and perspectives on how skills development has lead to high economic growth across the world.
- Highlighting success stories & innovative practices in skills development.
- Discussing experiences & expertise of leading professionals both international & Indian- who have through their work benchmarked skills development services.
The conclave would not only highlight the relevance of skills in sustainable growth, but also aims in gaining international cooperation. Through focused deliberations, the conclave aims to discuss the issues
relating to Skills Development - skills shortage in global economy, role of stakeholders in skills development, the WorldSkills movement etc. Mr. Oscar Fernandes, Minister of State for Labor and Employment (Independent Charge) as the Chief Guest would felicitate the participants of WorldSkills 2007 and also launch the CII Skills Development website. Ms. D Purandeswari, Minister of State for Human Resource Development (Independent Charge) has also consented to participate in the
Valedictory session (Tentative Program enclosed for reference).
A focused audience of over 300 skills functionaries shall attend the Conclave, including:
- Policy Makers & Regulators - Central & State Governments;
- Training Providers, Training Institutes, Trainers, Consultants, Assessors, Quality Certification agencies, Heads of Technical Institutes, etc.;
- Civil Society Organizations including National & International NGO's
- HR Consulting firms, Companies providing manpower solutions.
- Banks, Micro Finance Institutes, Equity firms & potential investors.
- Multilateral & Bilateral agencies.
- Research Institutes & Repositories.
- Industry Associations from across sectors.
- Corporate Foundations & Sustainability functionaries.
You may fax your confirmation to Adeep Singh at *0124-4014080* or email at [email protected]
For more update please visit our website: www.cii-skillsdevelopment.in