Religion in the Quest for Global Justice and Peace
Penang, Malaysia - Among the aims of the international conference is to develop a deeper understanding of the principles of justice and peace in the different religions.
The Centre for Policy Research and International Studies (CenPRIS), Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) is organizing an international conference on the theme Religion in the Quest for Global Justice and Peace from 23 – 26 July 2008 in Kuala Lumpur.
The main objectives of the Conference are:
* To develop a deeper understanding of the principles of justice and peace in the different religions.
* To analyze the internal and external forces that impede a religion’s quest for justice and peace and how these obstacles can be overcome.
* To provide concrete instances of religious groups working towards global justice and peace especially through non-violent means.
* To explore the possibility of evolving a shared universal spiritual and moral vision of global justice and peace.
* To formulate an action plan which will attempt to translate that vision into reality through concrete programs that will bring together different religious groups in their common quest for global justice and peace.
About 200 participants from different religious backgrounds are expected to attend the Conference. Young people are encouraged to participate.
Speakers and Panellists
Renowned scholars and activists from Malaysia and around the world are among the Speakers and Panellists.
Noordin Sopiee Chair in Global Studies
Centre for Policy Research and International Studies (CenPRIS)
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Tel: (6) 04 – 653 4491
Fax: (6) 04 – 653 4490
E-mail: [email protected]