Structural Evaluation and Retrofitting of RC Building for Earthquake Resistance Workshop
AIT, Thailand - With recent fatal earthquakes throughout the world, this workshop is indeed timely as it covers various aspects of how buildings withstand the disaster.
The Asian Center for Engineering Computations and Software (ACECOMS) established in 1995 is a regional level, non profit organization located at the School of Engineering and Technology (SET) building, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand. The prime mission of the Center is to provide an impetus to the research in engineering computations and development of quality computer software tools for engineering applications, their widespread promotion and training on their effective use.
ACECOMS continues to organize series of seminars and workshops on various aspects of Computer Aided Analysis and Design of Structures. Such courses are the need of all those who wish to advance their technical knowledge with current technology and share the professional experience with others.
To provide another such opportunity ACECOMS is organizing workshop as follows:
Topic: Structural Evaluation and Retrofitting of RC Building for Earthquake Resistance
Date: 5-7 August 2008
Venue: AIT, Bangkok, Thailand
* Special lecture by Dr. Pennung Warnitchai, Associate Professor, School of Engineering and Technology, AIT, Thailand (Only first half morning section on day 1 and day 3)
* Overview of the workshop
* Overview of Dynamic Analysis
* Overview of Seismic Design
* Overview of structural evaluation and retrofit
* Overall strategy/methodology for Evaluation and Retrofitting
* Evaluation of RC Structures
* Retrofit of RC Structures
* Post-retrofit evaluation of structures for safety and performance
For more information, please visit: http://www.acecoms.ait.ac.th/tradetail.asp?SeminarID=236&SeminarMode=cur...
To request for more information, please contact:
School of Engineering and Technology, AIT
P.O. Box 4 , Klongluang, Pathumthani, 12120, Thailand
Tel: +662 524-6416
Fax: +662 524-6416 ext 105, +662 524-6059
Email: [email protected]