Conference on Natural Resources in the Tropics: Development and Commercialisation of Tropical Natural Resources
The Conference on Natural Resources in the Tropics is designed to bring out the latest R & D findings in the utilization and management of natural resources particularly in ASEAN countries to the private sector, researchers, academicians, managers of resources, industrialists and policy makers.
Conference on Natural Resources in the Tropics
Faculty of Resource Science & Technology
University Malaysia Sarawak
93400, Kota Samarahan
(Attn: Dr Isa Ipor)
The Conference on Natural Resources in the Tropics is designed to bring out the latest R & D findings in the utilization and management of natural resources particularly in ASEAN countries to the private sector, researchers, academicians, managers of resources, industrialists and policy makers. Discussions will encompass issues in sustainable utilization and management of existing natural resources to support the national economic development and in identifying potential alternative resources such as new potential commercial crops, suitable tree species in forest plantation, alternative sources of energy such as bio fuel, modernization of agriculture, sustainable deep sea fishing and aquaculture and developing timber and commercialised non-timber forest products. There will also be deliberations on conservation of biodiversity, environmental management, legislative procedures, socio-economics and marketing strategies. This Conference aims at bringing all the above into discussion in the exploration and search for potential solutions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Private sector companies
Natural resource managers
Individuals involved in natural resource management, land-use planning and development. forestry and forest products, agriculture and plantation management and environmental policy.
CALL FOR PAPERS/POSTERS
Those interested in presenting papers or posters at the Conference are required to send their abstracts.
Please note the following important dates:
28 Febuary 2006 - Submission of abstracts
15 April 2006 - Submission of full papers
• To explore, exchange and update scientific and technological findings and information related to natural resources
• To provide a forum for researchers, practitioners and stakeholders in natural resources to present their results and findings, state-of-the art technologies, products and services
• Plant resources and management
• Animal resources and management
• Aquatic resources and management
• Forest products technology
• Application of biotechnology in natural resources
• Land resource and management
• Geology and mineralogy
• Natural products and ethnobotany
• Ecology and ecosystem management
• Land-use planning and management
• Human dimension in natural resource management
• Develoments in natural resources and environmental education
ABSTRACTS & PAPERS
Abstracts and full papers will only be written in English. Please submit abstracts and full papers to the secretariat or by e-mail to [email protected]
Please prepare abstract and papers in Microsoft Word using Verdana font
• Title – bold, 12 pt and in upper case letters
• Author’s name(s) – bold and 12 pt
• Author’s address(es) – 10 pt, no abbreviation, if more than one author indicate address of each author numerically in superscript include e-mail address(es)
• Text of abstract – 10 pt, no abbreviation, no references, one paragraph, maximum 250 words. Scientific names should be italicised. Use standard symbols for measurements and the International System (S.I0 for units).
Participants should make their own hotel reservations. Details on the venue will be included in the second announcement.
The second announcement will be circulated by February 2006
The Conference will be held at Kuching Hilton
The Conference fee, which covers programme book, abstracts, proceedings and conference beg is as follows:
Full Fee RM450
Proof of student status should be provided e.g. university student ID card.
POST- CONFERENCE TOUR
One-day post-conference tour is being planned for registered participants. Detailed information will be included in the second announcement