APN is calling for proposals from early-career researchers/scientists under its 2019 Collaborative Research for Early-Career Scientists (CRECS) Small Grants Programme for funding from October 2020.
- The CRECS Small Grants Programme is open to all early-career researchers/scientists in the Asia-Pacific region who are based in an APN member country and who meet the eligibility criteria outlined below under Proponent Eligibility.
- Grant limit for each project grant will be USD15,000 per year and the maximum duration can be two years. Note that the average awarded is USD10,000-USD15,000 per year.
- The CRECS Small Grants Programme is NOT a scholarship or fellowship programme and proponents cannot seek support for postgraduate studies.
- The CRECS Small Grants Programme does NOT fund one-country research activities. Proposals submitted to CRECS should engage two or more APN member and/or approved countries, one of which must be a developing country. Target research activities under CRECS should be undertaken within the Asia-Pacific region in APN member/approved countries (with the view that funds for collaborators outside the APN member countries will be borne by the respective collaborators).
- APN encourages submission from female early-career researchers/scientists.
High Priority Themes for Funding
Proposal topics should be relevant to global change and sustainable development, with emphasis on one or more scientific themes indicated below:
- Extreme events and disaster risk reduction
- Transboundary air pollution
- Climate smart agriculture
- Water and waste management
- Resilience of indigenous and local communities in the context of climate change
To be eligible to receive APN support, the main research activities should:
Be conducted at the regional level engaging at least two APN member/approved countries, one of which MUST be a developing country.
- Demonstrate policy relevancy and how the expected results and outcomes will benefit and enhance science-based decision-making in the Asia-Pacifc region.
- Not duplicate projects that are currently funded or previously funded by APN and other national and regional institutions.
Proposals that do not address any of the themes indicated above will not be accepted.
For more details and to check the eligibility requirements, please visit : https://www.apn-gcr.org/apnis/public/calls/20
APN is calling for proposals from early-career researchers/scientists under its 2019 Collaborative Research for Early-Career Scientists (CRECS) Small Grants Programme for funding from October 2020. A limited amount of financial support is available for collaborative research activities that fall within its areas of interest. APN will be awarding small grants for approximately 5 to 7 outstanding proposals from eligible early-career researchers/scientists.