Job Description We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Laboratory Executive to aid in proteomic research and data management for the NUS Centre for Cancer Research (N2CR) Precision Cancer Medicine Theme. This will include supporting mass spectrometry imaging (MSI)-based glycomic and proteomic studies of clinical patient samples at SurgiCAL ProtEomics Laboratory (SCALPEL) at Institute for Health Innovation & Technology (iHealthtech), as well as cross-departmental proteomic and clinical data management between iHealthtech and Cancer Science Institute of Singapore (CSI). A variety of cutting-edge techniques and state-of the-art instruments are used in the laboratory, while training and guidance will be provided, a desire to gain independence and good work ethics are essential. Job holder will also assist N2CR PCM Theme with organizing theme-related meetings and events.
Duties & Responsibilies
• Perform frozen and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) clinical tissue preparation workflow (e.g., Histology tissue sectioning, FFPE tissue dewaxing and antigen retrieval, enzymatic digestion, matrix deposition) for MSI acquisitions.
• Routine technical maintenance and operation of state-of-the-art, rapifleX® (MALDI-TOF/TOF) technologies, and related laboratory equipment (HTX TM-Sprayer) under guidance.
• Assist with sample accessioning, quality control, method development, process improvement, proficiency/competency training standards and schedules.
• Preparation of chemical stock solutions and reagents required for MSI analysis.
• Performs laboratory maintenance duties, organise and keep track of spending related to N2CR PCM Theme budget, including MSI.
• To record experimental procedures systematically and accurately, present analytical results in a logical manner.
• To support collaborative work within multidisciplinary team and external collaborators.
• To provide frequent updates and plan further analytical experiments under guidance.
• Applicants should possess a BSc in life sciences,chemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering or equivalent from a well-recognized university.
• Previous training and experience in MS/MSI-based proteomics pipeline, imaging analysis and histology will be considered favourably.
• Proficient in computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Graphpad.
• Self-driven, independent, team player, meticulous and have a keen eye for details.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and techniques, tackle both new and routine duties, good organisation and management skills.
• Able to work well in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment and project priorities / timelines.
• Able to work at flexible hours occasionally when performing time-sensitive experiments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong passion, and commitment to science.