To provide support to the Principal Investigator and his team in research projects and maintenance of laboratory inventory and administration.
- Primarily assist with mouse maintenance and experiments (including genotyping, dissection, tissue sectioning and immunohistochemistry)
- To carry out assigned molecular and cell biology experiments i.e. gene cloning, transfection and RNA and protein extraction.
- To assist with cell culture and immunoprecipitation (IP) experiments.
- Responsible for maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Keeping records of experiments and protocols
- Ensure laboratory safety and regulatory compliance
- Assist with laboratory inventory and procurement when required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or similar fields, preferably with Honours
- Proficiency in the field of molecular and cellular biology including molecular cloning, RNA/protein extraction, real-time PCR, western blotting and cell culture
- Prior experience in a molecular biology laboratory and experience with immunofluorescence technique highly preferred
- Highly motivated individual with an inquisitive mind and strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of English
- Team player with good and effective communication skills