The position will provide oversight, management and support for the research, laboratory and administrative needs of the Principal Investigator and his team.
University degree in a relevant field
Ability to speak and write clearly in English
2 to 3 years work experience in a molecular biology lab; experience with organoid cultures is desirable
Basic principles and practices in the fields of biology.
Principles, techniques and terminology used in cancer biology.
Methods of scientific research and relevant scientific theories.
Appropriate computer operations, software and peripherals.
General rules for safe exposure and handling of chemical and biological hazards
IRB, OSHE & IACUC regulations
Principles, techniques and terminology used in organoid model systems and genomic and RNA sequencing as well as common lab molecular and cell biology techniques (desirable)
Perform laboratory tests in an efficient and timely manner
Work cooperatively and effectively with others
- to derive, maintain and CRISPR engineer 3D organoid cultures from a variety of tissue systems
- to carry out assigned molecular and cell biology experiments (i.e. cloning, FACS, western blotting, RNA, sequencing, microscopy) and perform analysis and determinations as tasked
- to organise, preserve and present the results of the experiments in a logical manner
- to properly and systematically record all experiments that have been assigned and their results
- to assist in supervising, training and guiding attachment/undergraduate students where required
- maintain up to date records of inventories for chemical/ biological reagents
- assist when required with procurement
- ensure tidiness and cleanliness of the lab is maintained