Assoc Professor Yukio Yasui
Dr. Yukio Yasui is an Associate Professor at Kagawa University. He has a master’s degree and doctoral degree in Agriculture from Kyoto Prefectural University and Hokkaido University, respectively. He has dedicated his research work to ecology, ethology and evolutionary biology studies, with his more recent work on the evolution of sex. His works have received awards from the Japanese Ethological Society and the Ecological Society of Japan.
Prior to joining the faculty of Kagawa University, he taught in several universities, including Hokkaido Tokai University, Sapporo University and Kyoto University. He is currently an editorial board member of the Journal of Ethology, of which he was Chief Editor from 2011-2013. His work on
Early in his career, he had also been a research fellow at institutions such as Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Japan Science and Technology Corporation (JST), Kyoto University and University of Western Australia.
- Evolution of sexual reproduction - Asia Research News, March 10, 2023
- Novel hypotheses that answer key questions about the evolution of sexual reproduction - Science Daily, August 18, 2022
- Yasui, Y. Mite dilemma: molting to acquire sexual maturity or not molting to ensure durability and dispersal ability in Phorytocarpais fimetorum (Parasitiformes; Gamasida; Parasitidae). J Ethol (2023). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10164-023-00783-4
- Yasui, Y. Evolutionary bet-hedging reconsidered: What is the mean–variance trade-off of fitness? Ecological Research, Volume 37, Issue 3, Pages 406-420 (2022). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/1440-1703.12303
- Yasui, Y., Hasegawa, E. The origination events of gametic sexual reproduction and anisogamy. J Ethol 40, 273–284 (2022). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10164-022-00760-3
- Matsumura, K., Yasui, Y. Genetic link between mobility and sexual attractiveness in male Tribolium castaneum beetles, Animal Behaviour, Volume 188, Pages 111-117 (2022). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anbehav.2022.04.010