International Conference on Advances in Plant Sciences- 14-18 Nov 2012, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The International conference on advances in plant sciences will be held from at Empress Hotel, Chiang Mai, Thailand. The main objective of the Conference is to showcase advances in botanical research and conservation of plants across the globe.
There is an unprecedented development in every field of plant science in recent years because of rapid progress made in the areas of molecular biology in general and genomics and proteomics in particular. The skills and knowledge of botanist’s are needed worldwide helping farmers to produce crops and conservation of natural flora and fauna. There is an urgent need to understand the life cycle of several endangered plant species so as to frame suitable strategies to save them before extinction. The green plants are important as they provide food, shelter, pure oxygen for life, cleaner environment and everything man needed for survival. The scheduled conference organized by V S Research Foundation in association with Century Foundation, Bangalore with the support from various organizations will provide a scientific platform to exchange the information on the recent advances in botanical research and to bring together the International scientific community involved in the study of plants, ecology and environment. It will encompass the following areas for deliberation and will provide scope to plant biologists to share knowledge and exchange latest information in different scientific sessions.
The following are the Technical Sessions:
1. Biodiversity of Bacteria, biological nitrogen fixation and bio-fertilizers.
2. Mycology, plant pathology and integrated disease management.
3. Biodiversity Algae, Bryophytes and their conservation.
4. Biodiversity of Pteridophytes and their conservation.
5. Biodiversity of Gymnosperms and their conservation.
6. Biodiversity of angiosperms, bio-systematics and floristics.
7. Botanical gardens, parks, Arboretum and landscape ecology.
8. Plant morphology, anatomy, embryology and Reproductive biology (floral biology, pollen-pistil interaction, pollination & post-fertilization events).
9. Ethno-botany, Traditional herbal Medicine (Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Chinese and Unani ) and Pharmacognosy.
10. Molecular biology, Cytogenetics and Plant breeding.
11. Plant biotechnology, plant morphogenesis and tissue culture.
12. Bio-informatics and Nanotechnology – its application in modern plant biology.
13. Plant physiology & Biochemistry.
14. Ecology, climate change, plant adaptation.
15. Conservation and Management of Tropical Rainforests.
16. Integrated weed management.
17. Agro-biodiversity, traditional agriculture and conservation of wild relatives of crops.
18. Bio-fuel and Horticultural crops.
For more details on the conference programme, exhibition, abstract submission, and registration and accommodation kindly visit: www.plants2012.com