The APN Secretariat continues to welcome researchers and experts to join APN's External Reviewer Board and Editorial Advisory Committee of the APN's flagship Scopus-indexed publication, the "APN Science Bulletin". We specifically welcome researchers and practioners working in global change research, and specifically the domains of (A) Air, land, coasts, and oceans, (B) Biodiversity and ecosystems, (C) Climate, (D) Food, water, and energy, (E) Human dimensions,and (F) Risk and resilience.
We invite researchers and experts to join APN’s External Reviewer Board and the Editorial Advisory Committee of the APN Science Bulletin.
- Members of the External Reviewer Board review research and capacity development proposals submitted to APN.
- Members of the Editorial Advisory Committee review articles submitted to our open access journal, the APN Science Bulletin.
Who can apply
We are looking for motivated individuals that are:
- Natural or social scientists working in areas related to global environmental change, preferably with experience in research of policy and societal relevance;
- Capacity development experts with rich experience in global change-related capacity development at individual, organizational and systemic levels;
Responsibilities of external reviewers
External reviewers are invited to review one or more of the following on a voluntary basis:
- Global change research proposals submitted under APN’s Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) or other relevant calls.
- Capacity development proposals submitted under APN’s Scientific Capacity Development Programme (CAPaBLE), or other relevant calls.
- Manuscripts submitted to the APN Science Bulletin, an open-access peer-reviewed publication that features outcomes of APN-funded projects.
Benefits as an external reviewer
External reviews are conducted on a voluntary basis. External reviewers are recognised for their contribution, including by:
- Issuing a certificate of recognition upon request;
- Listing participating external reviewers’ information in the APN Science Bulletin;
- Registering your reviews on publons.com.
If you are interested in becoming an external reviewer, please register yourself on the roster of external reviewers by completing the online form at https://www.apn-gcr.org/lime/661979.