A Research Assistant position is available immediately at Dr Sriram's new and growing team, more information available here. The lab primarily works on understanding mechanisms by which replication stress drives tumorigenesis. For a representative list of the broad questions being pursued in our lab please refer to PMID: 30078706, PMID: 32999459 and PMID: 37414849.
Interested applicants should include the following documents in the job application
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Summary of past research experience
Description of long-term plans
At least 2 referees including their name, contact information (email) and relationship to applicant
Duties And Responsibilities
Establish assays to study DNA damage and replication stress.
Perform experiments involving bench work and tissue culture.
Ensure assays, protocols and experiments are established and followed properly.
Analyze experimental data and interpret results properly.
Present research findings at lab meetings and seminars.
Take an important role in wet-lab management.
Applicants should have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in molecular biology, cancer biology, medicine, bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or related fields
- Excellent skills to communicate in written and spoken English
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
- Learn new biology and experimental techniques as per the demands of the project
- Expertise in cancer biology and cancer genomics is preferred but not necessary
- Strong background and working knowledge of basic molecular and cellular biology techniques, such as cell culture, cloning, real-time PCR and western blotting
- Experience with various sequencing and other genomic techniques, and/or CRISPR genome editing is highly desirable but not necessary