Dr. Andrei-Dragos Popescu
Andrei helped in building great companies in Singapore, Austria, Italy and Romania with extraordinary people, while seeking continuous intellectual stimulation through a broad set of experiences in dynamic, challenging, and high-intensity environments. He has been engaged on helping organizations that evolve in challenging markets to break down the barriers that prevent them from reaching their potential, which operate in Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, China and Asia-Pacific.
Andrei is an active participant in the FinTech sphere, Crypto & Alternative Assets Class Ecosystems and the Blockchain/DLT communities in Southeast Asia, Europe and the USA; who attends meetups regularly, speaks at the conferences and advises on Blockchain/DLT/IoT/AI/ML/Alternative Investments & FinTech Projects.
As an alternative asset class management executive, Andrei is bridging new DeFi instruments, with traditional world’s best corporate and institutional investors, where financial digital assets are still in an early, maturing and evolving stage of their existence.
Andrei believes that the introduction of Financial Digital Assets into the financial services sector, will not only stabilize the investment landscape, but will radically disrupt old-school ways of the financial world.
Thanks to the increasing offer of FinTech solutions, the segment of alternative investments is opening up the trading sphere to assets that, until now, could not be traded quickly and easily, also will enable us to create faster and more cost-effective financial instruments.
His focus and interest are on Strategic Investments in Disruptive Technologies & Innovations, FinTech, Financial Innovations, Financial Digital Assets, Blockchain, DLT, Crypto Asset Trading Systems, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), dApps, Digital Markets & Trading Platforms, Data Science, Data Capital, Artificial Intelligence (ANI, AGI, ASI, ML, DL) Applications, AI based Automated Trading Strategies, and Business Strategy Implementations via AI systems.
- Popescu AD. & Spulbar CM., 2023. Financial Digital Assets and their interactions with the traditional financial markets: A DSGE analysis, Social Sciences and Education Research Review, Volume 10, Issue 1, (2023), pag.284-313, https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.8241416, ISSN 2393–1264, ISSN–L 2392–9863
- Popescu AD. & Spulbar CM., 2023. Dynamic Interdependence between Asset Classes: A Spectral Co-Clustering and VAR analysis, Social Sciences and Education Research Review, Volume 10, Issue 1, (2023), pag.269-283, https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.8241412, ISSN 2393–1264, ISSN–L 2392–9863
- Popescu AD., 2023. The Financial Digital Assets Frontier: The Bridge Between the Past and the Future, In I. Management Association (Ed.), Research Anthology on Virtual Environments and Building the Metaverse (pp. 1-21), (2023) IGI Global, https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-6684-7597-3.ch001
- Popescu AD. & Spulbar CM., 2022. The Impact of Returns and Influence of Crypto Assets on Different Asset Classes, “Ovidius” University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Volume XXII, Issue 1, (2022), pg. 969-980, https://stec.univ-ovidius.ro/html/anale/RO/2022-2/Section%205/27.pdf, ISSN-L 2393-3119, ISSN 2393-3127
- Popescu AD., 2022. Understanding FinTech and Decentralized Finance (DeFi) for Financial Inclusion, In M. Anshari, M. Almunawar, & M. Masri (Eds.), FinTech Development for Financial Inclusiveness (pp. 1-13), (2022), IGI Global, https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-7998-8447-7.ch001
- Popescu AD., 2022. Efficient Frontier in portfolios containing Stock Market and Financial Digital Assets, Revista de Științe Politice (Revue des Sciences Politiques), No. 73, (2022), pg.229-240, https://cis01.ucv.ro/revistadestiintepolitice/files/numarul68_2020/11.pdf, ISSN 2344 – 4452, ISSN–L 1584 – 224X
- Popescu AD., 2021. Assessing Portfolio Risks involving Bitcoin and Ethereum using Vector Autoregressive Model, “Ovidius” University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Volume XXI, Issue 2, (2021), pg. 1101 – 1109, https://stec.univ-ovidius.ro/html/anale/RO/2021-2/Section%205/24.pdf, ISSN-L 2393-3119, ISSN 2393-3127
- Popescu AD., 2021. Central Banks Digital Currency - Opportunities and Innovation, “Ovidius” University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Volume XXI, Issue 1, (2021), pg.813-822, https://stec.univ-ovidius.ro/html/anale/RO/2021/Section%205/18.pdf, ISSN-L 2393-3119, ISSN 2393-3127
- Popescu AD., 2021. Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) – Innovation beyond the craze, Revues et Méthodes sur le Management et le Commerce International, Proceedings of Engineering & Technology – PET, Volume 66, (2021), pg.26-30, http://ipco-co.com/PET_Journal/IBEM-Proceedings/IBEM%20PROCEEDINGS.pdf#page=31, ISSN 1737-9334
- Popescu AD., 2021. Macroeconomic forces that influence Alternative Assets pricing, Management Strategies, Editura Independenţa Economică, Nr. II (52), (2021), pg.52-60, http://www.strategiimanageriale.ro/images/images_site/categorii_articole/pdf_categorie_b632150353d10058517c00d89bd9a181.pdf#page=52, ISSN 2392 – 8123, ISSN–L 1844 – 668X
- Popescu AD., 2020. Financial Technology (FinTech) as a Driver for Financial Digital Assets, “Ovidius” University Annals, Economic Sciences Series, Volume XX, Issue 2, (2020), pg.1055-1059, https://stec.univ-ovidius.ro/html/anale/RO/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Section%205/36.pdf, ISSN-L 2393-3119, ISSN 2393-3127
- Grant TM., Popescu AD., Stauceanu RG. & Voinea DV., 2020. Acacia Protocol – A Proposal of Structured Products for and within the Decentralized Finance Ecosystem, Social Sciences and Education Research Review, Volume 7, Issue 1, (2020), pg.362-387, https://sserr.ro/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SSERR_2019_7_1.pdf#page=362, ISSN 2393–1264, ISSN–L 2392–9863
- Popescu AD., 2020. Transforming Capital Markets by means of Financial Digital Assets, Revista de Științe Politice (Revue des Sciences Politiques), No. 68, (2020), pg.108-119, https://cis01.ucv.ro/revistadestiintepolitice/files/numarul68_2020/11.pdf, ISSN 2344 – 4452, ISSN–L 1584 – 224X
- Popescu AD., 2020. Transitions and concepts within Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Space, Research Terminals in the Social Sciences/Sitech Publishing House, The Proceedings of CIL 2020: Ninth Edition of International Conference of Humanities and Social Sciences - Creativity, Imaginary, Language, (2020), pg.40-61, https://www.cilconference.ro/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/cil_2020_research_terminals.pdf#page=40, ISBN 978-606-11-7565-9
- Popescu AD., 2020. Alternative Investments confidence amid COVID-19 pandemic, Scientific Bulletin - Economic Series, Volume 19, Special Issue, (2020), pg.103-110, http://economic.upit.ro/RePEc/pdf/2020_3_13.pdf, ISSN 2344-4908, ISSN-L 2344-4908
- Popescu AD., 2020. Decentralized Finance (DeFi) – The Lego of Finance, Social Sciences and Education Research Review, Volume 7, Issue 1, (2020), pg.321-349, https://sserr.ro/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SSERR_2020_7_1_321_349.pdf, ISSN 2393–1264, ISSN–L 2392–9863
- Popescu AD., 2019. The Value of Data from an Artificial Intelligence Perspective, Annals of the University of Craiova for Journalism, Communication and Management, Volume 5, (2019), pg.172-194, https://www.aucjc.ro/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/aucjcm-vol-5-2019.pdf#page=172, ISSN 2501-3513
- Popescu AD., 2019. Empowering Financial Inclusion through FinTech, Social Sciences and Education Research Review, Volume 6, Issue 2, (2019), pg.197-214, https://sserr.ro/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/SSERR_2019_6_2.pdf#page=197, ISSN 2393–1264, ISSN–L 2392–9863