The Knowledge for Democracy Myanmar (K4DM) initiative of the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) in partnership with Global Affairs Canada (GAC), is pleased to invite you to the KNOWLEDGE MARKETPLACE – Bangkok 2022: Exchanging Ideas for a Democratic Myanmar, which will be held on Friday, Nov 25 – Sunday, Dec 4, 2022, at Bangkok Art and Culture Centre (BACC).
This event will include simultaneous interpretation in English and Burmese.
The marketplace is an open space to discuss key policy issues from diverse perspectives while promoting gender equality and democratic values
The Public events are listed below. Please click “agenda” for all events including By Invitation and Closed events.
For further information about the agenda & attending events please contact: [email protected]
To register for this event please fill out the following REGISTRATION FORM
Launch of K4DM KNOWLEDGE MARKETPLACE 2022
Exchanging Ideas for a Democratic Myanmar
Friday 25th November, 1pm – 8pm
Venue: BACC 5th floor ( Hall Area, Room 501, Curved walls)
- Opening Reception. Beverages & Light snack available & Live Burmese music [1:00pm – 2:00pm]
- Welcome Remarks. Edgard Rodriguez (IDRC) & Jason Tulk (GAC – Canadian embassy) [2:00pm – 2:15pm, BACC 5th Floor, Room 501]
- Book Launch: “Winning by Process”. Moderator: Prof. Kai Ostwald (UBC) (TBC), Speaker: Jacques Bertrand (co-author)[2:15pm – 3:45pm, BACC 5th Floor, Room 501]
- Roundtable Discussion: “Thought leadership to advance knowledge for Myanmar: What should come next?” [4:00 – 5:30pm, BACC 5th Floor, Room 501]
- Opening of Photo Exhibit “Through Eyes of Leadership: Women of Shan State” / “Ask the photographer” [5:30pm-6:00pm, Hall Area, outside Room 501]
- Open Photo Exhibit & Networking – Tea break & Live Burmese music [Until 8pm]