Dr. Naoka Nagamura
Dr Naoka Nagamura is senior researcher at the Research Center for Advanced Measurement and Characterization of the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) and visiting associate professor at Tokyo University of Science. She researches advanced materials, electrochemistry and photoemission spectroscopy.
She serves as one of the Research Directors at Japan Science and Technology (JST) Agency PRESTO, heading the “Functional design of two-dimensional devices using the data-centric multi-dimensional X-ray imaging” research. In 2020, she received the Young Female Researcher Excellence Award from the Japan Society of Vacuum and Surface Science.
She was previously an assistant professor at Tohoku University’s Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials (IMRAM) and a postdoctoral fellow at University of Tokyo, where she received her PhD.
- Speedy surface analysis for semiconductors - Asia Research News, March 10, 2023
- Researchers learn how to analyze surface superstructures - Materials Today, 24 June 2022
- Let Machines Do the Work: Automating Semiconductor Research with Machine Learning - Science Daily, June 16, 2022
- Young Researchers change the world! - Sekai-wo-Kaeyo
- 2020 Japan Society of Vacuum and Surface Science Female Researcher Award (Young Female Researcher Excellence Award / Female Graduate Student Award) Announcement - Japan Society of Vacuum and Surface Science, September 2020
- Google Scholar
- Nagamura, N. et al. High-throughput XPS spectrum modeling with autonomous background subtraction for 3d5/2 peak mapping of SnS. Science and Technology of Advanced Materials: Methods, Volume 3 Issue 1 (2023). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/27660400.2022.2159753
- Nagamura, N. et al. Skill-Agnostic analysis of reflection high-energy electron diffraction patterns for Si(111) surface superstructures using machine learning. Science and Technology of Advanced Materials: Methods, Volume 2 Issue 1 (2022). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/27660400.2022.2079942
- Nagamura, N. et al. Photoelectron spectromicroscopy analysis of graphene during gate-controlled photo-oxidation process. Nano Express, Volume 3, Number 4 (2022). DOI 10.1088/2632-959X/aca0af
- Nagamura, N. et al. All 2D Heterostructure Tunnel Field-Effect Transistors: Impact of Band Alignment and Heterointerface Quality. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, Volume 12 Issue 46, pp 51598–51606 (2020). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.0c13233