Mr. Rabin Mahat
Rabin Mahat is a result-oriented and multifaceted doctoral student in Experimental Condensed Matter Physics at The University of Alabama, USA. He is currently working under the guidance of Dr. Patrick LeClair, and Dr. Arunava Gupta. He received M.Sc. in Physics in 2013 from Tribhuvan University, Nepal. He also received his second M.Sc. in experimental Condensed Matter Physics from the University of Alabama in 2019. Rabin's main research is focused on the discovery of novel half-metallic Heusler compounds for potential spintronics device applications. He excels academic and professional expertise in process engineering, research procedures and material science.
- Arc-melting to synthesize polycrystalline specimens (Heusler Alloys), Pulse Laser Deposition (PLD) and Sputtering technique for thin films (Complex Magnetic Oxides, Heusler alloys), and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) for high quality metal-oxide (VO2) thin films
- Atomic force microscope (AFM), X-ray Diffraction (Bruker D8 & Phillips XRD), Scanning Electron Microscopy (JEOL7000 & Apero Field Emission SEM), EDAX/EBSD, Tunneling Electron Microscopy (FEI F20 TEM), Focused Ion Beam (FIB) in FEI Quanta, Photolithography, Metallography for microstructural analysis, Quantum Design Physical Properties Measurement System (PPMS) for magnetic and transport measurements, Custom made Spin current detection, Vickers Micro-hardness and Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Phase stability, Density of States, Band Structure and Magnetization using VASP and Quantum Espresso
- Mahat, R. et al., Structural, electronic, magnetic, and mechanical properties of Co2-xVxFeSi Heusler alloys, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics (2021).
- Mahat, R. et al., Influence of Cr-substitution on the structural, magnetic, electron transport, and mechanical properties of Fe3− xCrxGe Heusler alloys, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 521, 167398 (2021).
- Mahat, R. et al, Tuneable structure and magnetic properties in Fe3− xVxGe alloys, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 154403 (2020).
- KC,S. et al., Tunable properties and potential half-metallicity in (Co 2− x Ti x) FeGe Heusler alloys: An experimental and theoretical investigation, Physical Review Materials, 3, 114406 (2019).
- Regmi, S. et al., Structural and magnetic properties of NiFe2O4 thin films grown on isostructural lattice-matched substrates, Applied Physics Letter18 (15), 152402 (2021).
Physics and Astronomy