Professor Tetsuo Endoh
In order to realize the low-power society (low carbon society) in future, the high-efficiency power device technology, power conversion circuit technology and power management technology are very important, which can effectively convent and supply the electrical energy.
Moreover, the semiconductor integrated circuit technology combining the hardware and software together builds the indispensable foundation of the next-generation advanced information society.
In this laboratory named by green power electronics laboratory, aiming at the further progresses of the low-cost, low-power and high-performance semiconductor device and integrated systems, the research and development on the device technology, circuit technology and system architecture technology are subjected systematically and coherently with the following five topics.
1) Research on the low-cost and high-efficiency GaN/Si hybrid power device
2) Research on the high-efficiency power supply circuit and system for realizing intelligent power management
3) Research on the green semiconductor integrated circuit (logic/memory circuits) for IoT applications
4) Research on the high-performance device/circuit with novel architecture and principle like 3D structures
5) Research on the real-time image recognition LSI for next-generation automotive/robotic applications