Associate Professor Yajing Shen
We are interested in robot, especially the micro-nano robot. Our aim is to discover/solve the emerging problems in the world by developing new robots we haven't had yet.
Dr. Yajing Shen received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in mechanical engineering from Xi’an Jiaotong University, China in 2005 and 2008, respectively. He received the Dr. Eng. degree in Micro-nano Systems Engineering, Nagoya University, Japan in 2012. Then, he was a postdoc researcher at Fukuda Lab. within the Dept. of Micro-nano Systems Engineering until March 2013. He is working as an associate professor now in the Department of Biomedical Engineering, City University of Hong Kong.
He is interested in the research at the interface of micro-nano engineering and biology. The current research focuses on the Bioinspired robot, Micro/Nano robot, and Biomedical robot. Dr. Shen received the Best Manipulation Paper Award in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation in 2011, the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Japan Chapter Young Award in 2011, the Early Career Award of Hong Kong in 2014, the Big-on-Small Award in 2018, and the excellent young scientist fundation of NSFC in 2019. He is served as the Associate Editor of IEEE Trans on Robotics.
- Yuanyuan Yang and Yajing Shen*. "Light‐Driven Carbon‐Based Soft Materials: Principle, Robotization, and Application". Advanced Optical Materials, 2021.
- Xiong Yang, Rong Tan, Haojian Lu and Yajing Shen*."Starfish Inspired Milli Soft Robot With Omnidirectional Adaptive Locomotion Ability". IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 6(2), 3325-3332, 2021.
- Youcan Yan, Zhe Hu, Zhengbao Yang, Wenzhen Yuan, Chaoyang Song, Jia Pan* and Yajing Shen*. "Soft magnetic skin for super-resolution tactile sensing with force self-decoupling". Science Robotics, 2021.
- Shudong Wang, Xueyong Wei* , Haojian Lu, Ziming Ren, Zhuangde Jiang, Juan Ren, Zhan Yang, Lining Sun, Wanfeng Shang, Xinyu Wu & Yajing Shen*，Robot-aided fN∙m torque sensing within an ultrawide dynamic range. Microsystems & Nanoengineering, 2021.
- Yanting Liu, Yuanyuan Yang, Xiong Yang, Liu Yang, Yajing Shen and Wanfeng Shang*. "Multi-Functionalized Micro Helical Capsule Robot with Superior Loading and Releasing Capabilities". Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2021.