For Immediate Release -- On 21 February at SMX Convention Center, Manila, the 2nd annual EduTECH Philippines 2018 will once again bring together the entire education ecosystem to discuss new strategies, pedagogies and innovations to help bring 21st century education to all in the Philippines.
The theme for the first day of the conference is "Technology Meets Pedagogy." Opening the event is Fr. Benigno P. Beltran, SVD,who will be keynoting on "Levelling the Playing Field." His talk will focus on bridging the digital divide by applying a new theory of learning together with a personalized and adaptive learning management system to engage and empower learners to become productive citizens. Joining him as a keynote speaker is Assistant Professor Zachary Walker of the National Institute of Education, Singapore, who will be sharing his expertise and experience from the Singapore education system to address "5 Critical Questions for the Innovative Educator."
On the second day, the keynote plenary will focus on accessibility and inclusiveness with Mr Ajay Kapur, President and CEO of Kadence Inc., who will discuss how "Creative Education Leads to Innovation: Building an Accessible Global Network for Arts Education." His talk will focus on four important themes: social learning powered by A.I, musical science and how it leads to scalable education technology, accessible education and online art education. The following keynote address is by Ms. Hope Leyson, Founder, The Laren School, who will be sharing her journey on "Becoming an Inclusive School." The Keynote considers the origins of inclusive education and the different interpretations of its implementation. It also focusses on the challenges and opportunities in practical implementations.
Bigger than ever before, EduTECH Philippines 2018 will have 4 dedicated streams of content on K-12 leaders, Tertiary leaders, Vocational leaders and IT leaders. Over 100 inspirational speakers from across the Philippines and Asia will discuss key issues including K-10 – K-12 adoption, learning environments & spaces, digital transformation, staffing & training, infrastructure deployment, inclusive education, STEM, changing industry needs, blended learning, graduate employability, fighting poverty with specialised courses, sustainability, data and more.
The speakers at EduTECH Philippines 2018 include:
• Dir Jocelyn DR Andaya, Director IV, Bureau of Curriculum Development, DepEd
• Ervin Ramos Jr., Learning Objects Development Coordinator, Center for Innovative Learning Programs, De La Salle University – Dasmarinas
• Karina Veal, Senior Education Specialist, Asian Developmental Bank
• Mellissa Espiritu, Academic Executive, Veritas Catholic School
• Jeremy Cruz, Secondary school Principal, Department of Education - Paga-asa National High School
• Ericson Perez, Principal, One World School
• Peter Kompalla, Executive Director, German-Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Romae de Asis, Executive Vice-President, Metro-Dagupan Colleges
• Harold John Culala, Associate Professor, Institute of Education, Far Eastern University
• Francis Jim Tuscano, Educational Technology Specialist, Xavier School
• Colin Christie, Dean & Director of Digital Transformation, Enderun Colleges
• Louie B. Dasas, L.P.T., M.S., Chairperson, University of Santo Tomas, Senior High School
• Dr. Prof. Gil Nonato Santos, Vice-Chancellor, De La Salle University Science & Technology complex
• Dr Rex Bernardo, Basic Education Sector Transformation Disability Advisor, DepEd
• Jason de Villa, Director, ICT Office, University of Asia and the Pacific
• Engr. Gerardo S. Doroja, Dean, Xavier University
• Perry Hobson, Pro Vice Chancellor, Taylor's University Malaysia
• Shielilo Amihan, Dean - College of Arts, Sciences and Education, University of Perpetual Help System Dalta (UPHSD
• Director Ronilda M Co, Director IV of the DepEd Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service (DRRMS), Department for Education
• Niel Dagondon, Chairman, CIIT College of Arts and Technology
Running alongside the conference is an exhibition that will showcase the latest in education technology with over 30 industry players and up-and-coming start-ups showcasing their products and a full-fledged makerspace with hands-on activities designed using maker tools. The event will also feature the very popular #teachtechtalks – a platform for the teachers and by the teachers on using tech in the classroom and the TECH Showcase theatre featuring the latest edtech deployments in schools. Additionally, there will also be 4 featured Back-to-School workshops equipping educators with practical strategies for the implementation and adoption of new pedagogies and innovations in their classrooms.
Some of the exhibiting companies includes Globe Telecom, Arris, Epson Philippines Corporation, Alexan Commercial, Cypher Learning, Rex Digital Publishing Corporation, Phoenix Publishing, Mars Laboratory Instruments Center, The Brain Computer Corporation, Vibal Group and more.
The two-day conference and exhibition is expected to gather over 2,000 education stakeholders from The Philippines and beyond.
About EduTECH Philippines 2018
Date: 21 - 22 February 2018
Conference opening hours: 09:00 am
Exhibition opening hours: 10:00 am
Venue: Level 2, Function Rooms 2-4, SMX Convention Center, Manila, Philippines
Registration to EduTECH Philippines free Expo is now open. Get your Free Expo Pass at: https://goo.gl/VRBYbi
Terrapinn is a business media company. Its products are trade exhibitions, conferences, training solutions and electronic and print publications. For more information, please visit www.terrapinn.com.
Note: Press registration for the conference is compulsory and advance scheduling for speaker/sponsor interviews is recommended. Press passes are strictly reserved for reporters, journalists, and editors only. Final issuance of press passes is subjected to Terrapinn's discretion.
Terrapinn Pte Ltd