PECIPTA 2007 will showcase the best outcomes, inventions and innovative processes from all public and private institutions of higher learning in Malaysia.
The theme for PECIPTA 2007 is Innovating towards Sustainability.
PECIPTA 2007 endeavours to showcase the outcomes, inventions and innovative processes derived from the work of all the public and private institutions of higher learning in Malaysia including participating universities/institutes from abroad and to serve as a platform for such institutions to network with each other with the view towards venturing into joint development of prototypes and onwards into product commercialisation.
The more specific objectives are as enumerated below:
* Support the aims and aspirations of the Malaysian government in spearheading national development through the emphasis of research and development in the area of science and technology;
* Display the various research outcomes, inventions and innovative processes which have been successfully attained from R & D activities of the participating institutions and concomitantly highlighting the underlying strengths of these institutions;
* Display products that have been designed or invented by institutions of higher education which have been successfully commercialised and on-going efforts to market the research expertise which are deemed competitive in both the local and international arena;
* Increase the confidence factor within the local industrial sector and potential overseas partners regarding the pool of research expertise available in the institutions of higher education and using this EXPO as the bridge to help bring the two parties together to develop downstream activities;
* Acting as springboard to promote networking and strategic cooperation between institutions of higher education in Malaysia and external partners such as entrepreneurs, companies and other interested individuals;
* Provide opportunities for institutions of higher education in Malaysia to strengthen ties with universities abroad in R&D activities and other academic pursuits; and
* Propel the participation level of local researchers into the international arena by hosting the World Innovation Forum (first convened in the Netherlands in 2006) in a concerted effort to widen the element of research, innovation concepts and consolidate the local institutions of higher education network to give it an outreach into the international level.
PECIPTA 2007 is scheduled to be held from 10- 12 August 2007 (Friday through Sunday). It is being held in conjunction with several other events eg. World Innovation Forum, 50th Anniversary of Malaysia’s Independence and Visit Malaysia Year.
It will be held at Exhibition Hall 4 and 5 , Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) in Kuala Lumpur .
For more information, please contact:
Shukeri Abd. Rahman
Secretary, PECIPTA 2007
Research & Innovation Division
Tel. No : 04 – 653 3484
Direct No : 04 - 658 3508
E-mail : [email protected]
Secretariat E-mail : [email protected]
Fax No : 04 - 656 8470
04 - 656 6466