The 2nd IEEE Asia-Pacific Service Computing Conference (IEEE APSCC 2007)
Tsukuba Science City, Japan - IEEE APSCC 2007 serves as a major international forum for researchers and industry practitioners to exchange information regarding advancements in the state of art and practice of IT-driven business services.
Services now account for more than half of the U.S. economy. Services Computing, as a new cross discipline, addresses how to enable IT technology to help people perform business services more efficiently and effectively. As we can see, Services Computing currently shapes the processes of business modeling, business consulting, solution creation, service delivery, and software architecture design, development and deployment.
Services Computing is a new cross-discipline that covers the science and technology needed to bridge the gap between business services and IT services. The goal of services computing is to develop new computing technology and thereby enable more advanced IT services to support business services more efficiently and effectively. IEEE APSCC 2007 serves as a major international forum for researchers and industry practitioners to exchange information regarding advancements in the state of art and practice of IT-driven business services. IT solution, and application services, as well as to identify emerging research topics and define the future directions of Services Computing.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
Foundations of Services Computing
• Services science
• Business Strategy and Design
• Services Modeling
• Service-oriented business consulting methodology and utilities
• Services delivery
• Services value chain and innovation lifecycle
• Mobile ad hoc networks
• Mobile wireless Internet
• Mobile/Ubiquitous security
• Mobile/Ubiquitous/Pervasive multimedia, QoS adaptation
• Personal area networks, body wireless networks, Bluetooth
• Wireless sensor networks
• Human interface for Mobile/Ubiquitous/Pervasive environments
• Security for Mobile/Ubiquitous
• Software-defined radio, reconfigurable radio network
• Grid Computing
• Utility Computing
• Web computing
• Utility business services
• Resource acquisition models in Grid/Utility Computing
• System performance evaluation, analysis and management
• Security management, analysis for Grid/Utility Services
• Web service security and privacy
• Web service discovery and negotiation
• Web service management and collaboration
• Wireless Grid and communication service delivery platform
• Grid economics and pricing models
Service-Centric Computing Models
• Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• SOA Solution Stack
• SOA Industry Standards
• SOA Industry Solutions
Service Computing Process Integration and Management
• Mathematical Foundation of Business process modeling, integration and management
• Enterprise Modeling
• Enterprise modeling
• Service computing process modeling, transformation and integration
• Service computing performance management
• Software architecture design, development and deployment (software as a service, SaaS)
• Security, privacy and trust in business process management
• Application integration services (e.g., Enterprise Service Bus)
• Service level automation and orchestration
• Industry solution patterns
• Linkage between IT services and business services
• E-business solutions
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished research papers. The Proceedings of the conference will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press. Please follow the IEEE Computer Society Press Proceedings Author Guidelines to prepare your manuscripts. Electronic submission of manuscripts (in PDF or Word format) is required. The length of the camera-ready manuscripts will be limited to 8 pages (IEEE Proceedings style). Detailed instructions for electronic paper submission can be found at the conference web site.
All submissions will be evaluated for originality, significance, clarity, and soundness. Each paper will be reviewed by at least two to three researchers in the topic area.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register and present the paper at the conference.
Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards (the first author should be a full-time student) will be granted.
The enhanced version of the best-quality selected papers that have been presented at IEEE APSCC 2007 may be invited for publication in the special issue of international journals, such as International Journal of Web Services Research (JWSR), which has been indexed in SCI Expanded and EI.
E-mail address: [email protected]