APN, in collaboration with the Asian Disaster Reduction Center (ADRC), Japan International Cooperation Agency Kansai Center (JICA Kansai), and Graduate School of Disaster Resilience and Governance, University of Hyogo, will hold a forum under the theme of “Climate Change x Disaster Reduction” to consider sustainable recovery in the context of SDGs.
- Date and time: Sunday, 13 February 2022, 13:00–16:30 JST (view local time)
- Venue: 2F Lasse Hall, Blanche Rose, Kobe, Japan (view Google Map)
- Live streaming: Zoom Webinar (register)
- Capacity: 60 at the venue, 300 online (first come first served)
- Languages: Japanese and English, with simultaneous interpretation available
Participation is free of charge.
- To participate via Zoom Webinar, please register here.
- To participate at the venue, please register here.
Part 1: Urban development in consideration of sustainable recovery
- Climate change adaptation efforts by the Ministry of the Environment, Japan
Gen’ichiro Tsukada, Director, Climate Change Adaptation Office, Ministry of the Environment, Government of Japan
- Climate change adaptation measures in Hyogo Prefecture
Kotoko Uenishi, Director, Global Warming Solutions Division, Environmental Management Bureau, Agricultural & Environmental Affairs Department, Hyogo Prefectural Government
- Disaster resilient cities from the perspective of SDGs
Tomohiro Tabata, Associate Professor, Graduate School of Human Development and Environment, Kobe University
- Resilient land use and housing
Michiko Bamba, Professor, Graduate School of Disaster Resilience and Governance, University of Hyogo
Part 2: Local communities
- Creating Sustainable Community through Community Based Disaster Management Plan
Mayumi Sakamoto, Professor, Graduate School of Disaster Resilience and Governance, University of Hyogo
- Disaster resilient community: Case Study in the Philippines
Gerald Potutan, Senior Researcher, Asian Disaster Reduction Center
- Disaster resilient community: Case Study in Banda Aceh, Indonesia
Nafesa Ismail. Programme Officer, APN Secretariat
- Human resource development to support community-based disaster risk reduction in developing countries
Chieko Kajisawa, Director, Program Division 1, JICA Kansai/Disaster Reduction Learning Center (DRLC)