Dr Shinya Furukawa
Shinya Furukawa is an associate professor at the Institute for Catalysis, Hokkaido University, Japan.
- 2009–2012Research Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (DC1); Kyoto University, Japan (Prof. T. Tanaka)
- 2012–2016Assistant Professor; Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan (Prof. T. Komatsu)
- 2016.07–Associate Professor; Hokkaido University, Japan (Prof. K. Shimizu)
- 2019.08-Program Officer; Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan (MEXT, additional)
- 2019.10–PRESTO Researcher; Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST, additional)
Field of Study
Catalyic Chemistry (metal catalyst, alloy catalyst, intermetallic catalyst)
"A Review on Catalysis of Intermetallic Compounds"
Development of efficient catalytic systems using ordered alloys
Synthesis and application of intermetallic-compound-solid-solution hybrid alloys
Detailed mechinstic study of heterogeneous catalysis based on exerimental and theoretical approaches
intermetallic compound, ordered alloy, nano-structured catalyst, surface reaction environment, computatioal chemistry
Institute for Catalysis