On the occasion of UNIDO’s 50th Anniversary which also coincides with UNIDO ITPO Bahrain 20th Anniversary, the Arab International Center for Entrepreneurship & Investment (AICEI) in cooperation with Global Entrepreneurship Week and the Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (member of the Islamic Development Bank Group) launched the Global Start-up Business Plan Competition (GSBPC).
The GSBPC calls on potential and existing entrepreneurs to participate by submitting their innovative entrepreneurial ideas by means of a Business Plan Template, which will be reviewed by a team of experts.
APPLICATION PARTICIPATION CRITERIA
- Participants must be aged between 18 and 35;
- Open to (an) entrepreneur(s) with a new business idea or (an) existing entrepreneur(s) with a startup in its early stages;
- Participants must use the Business Plan Template;
- Open to individuals or teams of maximum 3 members;
- Applications must be completed in English;
APPLICATION EXCLUSION CRITERIA
- The following individuals cannot participate, directly or indirectly, in the competition employees of Organizers or its subsidiaries, affiliates, as well as companies wherein the above mentioned companies have an equity stake. Applications submitted for the competition that potentially conflict with any laws and/or the Organizers code of conducts will also be declined.
- Plagiarism of the business idea and/or elements of the business plan.
- Missing or misleading information in the application may lead to a decline of participation without further explanations.
- Failure to apply or submit the application before the indicated deadline.
TOP THREE WINNERS
- 1st Place: $15,000
- 2nd Place: $10,000
- 3rd Place: $5,000
All three winners will additionally be rewarded with
- A UNIDO certificate;
- Increased visibility for their start-up;
- A round-trip from home country to the UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna, Austria;
- Accommodation and health insurance in Vienna (from the 21 to 25 November 2016).
Deadline: September 23rd 2016
Submission: Applications must either be submitted through the AICEI’s registration form website at https://www.aicei.net/global-startup-business-plan-competition-registrat...
or via email [email protected]
For additional information please see the competition flyer in the AICEI's website at https://www.aicei.net/gsbpc/