Global Higher Education Forum (GHEF) Malaysia 2007
Kuala Lumpur - The global higher education forum, Malaysia 2007 (GHEF 2007) will bring together higher education leaders, scholars, policy makers, and administrators to reflect, analyze and discuss the different issues and explore policies to improve the future provision of quality and relevant higher education in countries around the world.
GLOBAL HIGHER EDUCATION FORUM (GHEF) MALAYSIA 2007
6 & 7 November 2007, Hotel Nikko, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
“Knowledge and Relevant Human Resource Development”
Around the world, universities and other higher education institutions view their role as increasingly central to national economies, being the source of educated and trained personnel for national sustainable development. Higher Education is also a significant industry in its own right. Developed and developing nations alike have been examining most successful ways to heed calls for improved and relevant provision of higher education - calls made more complex and imperative due to the challenges transforming the field of higher education. Some of these challenges include changes imposed by the forces of globalization and internationalization, rapid technological innovation (which require adaptability and computerization), access and equity concerns and the changing nature of the marketplace of higher education.
Within these parameters, it becomes increasingly necessary for various stakeholders to meet together at academic forums to discuss and debate the key interconnected issues related to knowledge and relevant human resource development. The global higher education forum, Malaysia 2007 (GHEF 2007) will bring together higher education leaders, scholars, policy makers, and administrators to reflect, analyze and discuss the different issues and explore policies to improve the future provision of quality and relevant higher education in countries around the world. Fruitful deliberations at past global higher education forums have helped stakeholders find successful strategies to improve teaching, learning and research at higher education institutions and enhance relevance of their “output”.
Themes proposed in the program
• Global Mobility, Access and Equity in Higher Education
• Governance, Leadership and Quality of Higher Education
• Transnational, Crossborder Education and Lifelong Learning
The GHEF 2007 will gather policy-makers, higher education researchers and experts from all over the world to deliberate on higher education issues with a view to sharing of experiences and visions. The main objectives are to:
• encourage dialogue and debate on the variety of trends and internal and external factors currently affecting higher education institutions
• compare and contrast institutional, national, regional, and international perspectives in relation to all issues, including questions of access and success, and quality of higher education,
• facilitate national, global and international collaboration in the provision of higher education
• map the way forward in sustaining developments in higher education
The intended outcomes of the GHEF 2007 are to:
• develop an informed understanding of the emerging and future directions of higher education in developed and developing countries
• develop and promote repertories of good practices in higher education for developing countries
• initiate, develop and sustain regional, global and international networking and engagement on higher education issues
Detailed programme for the Global Higher Education Forum Malaysia 2007, as well as Registration Forms, fee schedule and hotel information will be available in early April on the Global Higher Education Malaysia Forum 2007 website.
To be added to the mailing list for up-dated information, please send your request by e-mail to: [email protected] or to [email protected] and signal your interest in Malaysia Forum 2007.