Dr Hira Khalid
Dr. Hira Khalid is a highly accomplished scientist, educator, and researcher who has made significant contributions to the field of chemistry. She currently serves as an Associate Professor at Forman Christian College University, Lahore, Pakistan. She is also a US Fulbright Fellow and a member of several prestigious scientific organizations, including the American Chemical Society (ACS), the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC), the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD), and the Chemical Society of Pakistan (CSP).
Dr. Khalid completed her BSc (Hons) in Chemistry from the University of Punjab, PAK. She then went on to pursue an MS in Analytical Chemistry from the same institution. Dr. Khalid later obtained her Ph.D. in Synthetic/Medicinal Chemistry Government College University, Lahore, Pakistan in 2014. Her doctoral research focused on the Synthesis, Characterization, and Biological Activities of Sulfonamide Derivatives Bearing Piperidine Nucleus. She was awarded HEC Indigenous Scholarship for her Ph.D. program. Dr. Hira was awarded the best Ph.D. Scholar award from the Department of Chemistry, GC University. She was awarded the International Research award (IRSIP) from HEC for pursuing doctoral research at the University of Washington Seattle, USA as visiting scholar.
After completing her Ph.D., Dr. Khalid joined GC Women University Sialkot as Assistant Professor in 2015. She then joined Forman Christian College University in 2017 as an assistant professor in the Department of Chemistry. She has been teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses in chemistry for over 15 years. Her research interests include the synthesis and characterization of organic compounds, catalysis, and Medicinal chemistry.
Dr. Khalid has published numerous research articles in top-tier international scientific journals. Her research has been cited extensively, and she has presented her work at various national and international conferences. She has also served as a reviewer for several scientific journals and funding agencies.
In addition to her teaching and research activities, Dr. Khalid is actively involved in promoting science education and research in Pakistan. She has been involved in various outreach programs, including workshops, seminars, and conferences. She has also mentored numerous undergraduate and graduate students in their research projects.
Dr. Khalid's contributions to the field of chemistry have been widely recognized. She has received several awards and honors, including the OWSD Early Career Fellowship, the Fulbright Scholarship, and the HEC Outstanding Research Award. She has also been invited to deliver talks at various national and international conferences and universities.
Overall, Dr. Hira Khalid is a highly accomplished and respected scientist who has made significant contributions to the field of chemistry. Her dedication to teaching, research, and promoting science education and research in Pakistan is truly inspiring
- Naeem A. Virka, Javed Iqbal, Aziz-ur-Rehman, Muhammad A. Abbasi, Sabahat Z. Siddiquia, Shahid Rasool, Mehr-un-Nisa, Muhammad Amin Abid, Hira Khalid, Fatiqa Zafar and Huraiza Javaid "In vitro biological assessment of 1,3,4-oxadiazole sandwiched by azinane and acetamides supported by molecular docking and BSA binding studies" Current Chemistry Letters, 12, pp 1-16, 2023
- Muhammad Umair , Aziz ur Rehman, Muhammad Athar Abbasi, Sabahat Siddiqui, Dr. Javed Iqbal, Hira Khalid, Shahid Rasool, Shafi Khan, Fatiqa Zafar “Modular and Computational Access to Innocuous Multistep Metal Free Synthesis of 1,3,4-Oxadiazole Analogues as an Excellent Enzyme Inhibitor"
ACS Omega, 2022, ao-2022-07612p, In Press
- Muhammad Nawaz Shah, Hira Khalid*, Sabina Jhaumeer Laulloo, Nausheen Joondan, Muhammad Nadeem Arshad, Abdullah M. Asiri, Hassan Butt “Synthesis, Characterization, and BSA Binding studies of Newfangled 2-Phenylacetohydrazide derivatives” Heliyon, 2022, HELIYON-D-22-31658, Accepted
- Erik B. Faber, Jian Tang, Emily Roberts, Sornakala Ganeshkumar, Luxin Sun, Nan Wang, Damien Rasmussen, Abir Majumdar, Kristen John, An Yang, Hira Khalid, Jon E.Hawkinson, Nicholas M. Levinson, Ernst Schönbrunn, Vargheese Chennathukuzhi, Daniel A. Harki, Gunda I. Georg “Allosteric, selective cyclin-dependent kinase 2 inhibitors are negatively cooperative with cyclin binding and show potential as contraceptive agents” Nature Communications, 2022, In press.
- Erik B. Faber, Nan Wang, Kristen John, Luxin Sun, David Burban, Henry Wong, Rawle, Francis, Defeng Tian, Kwon H. Hong, Liming Wang, An Yang, Mazen Elsaid, Jian Tang, Emily Roberts, Sornakala Ganeshkumar, Damien Rasmussen, Abir Majumdar, Hira Khalid, Nicholas M. Levinson, Ernst Schönbrunn, Jon E.Hawkinson, Gunda I. Georg “The discovery of high affinity and metabolically stable allosteric cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) inhibitors from screening through lead optimization” ACS Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jmedchem.2c01731.
- Naeem Akhtar Virk, Fatiqa Zafar, Mehr un Nisa, Shahid Rasool, Sabahat Zahra Siddiqui, Hira Khalid, Aziz-ur-Rehman, Javed Iqbal, Muhammad Athar Abbasi “Biological assessment of 1,3,4-oxadiazole sandwiched by azinane and acetamides supported by molecular docking and BSA binding studies” RSC Advances, 2022, In press.
- Hussain, Rashid, Khalid, Hira* and Fatmi, Muhammad Qaiser. "HCV genotype-specific drug discovery through structure-based virtual screening" Pure and Applied Chemistry, https://doi.org/10.1515/pac-2021-1104, 2022
- Rashid Hussain, Hira Khalid*, M. Qaiser Fatmi “Molecular Modelling Approach of Serine Protease NS3-4A Genotype 3a as A Potential Drug Target of Hepatitis C Virus: Homology Modelling and Virtual Screening Study” Journal of Computational Biophysics and Chemistry (JCBC), JCBC-D-21-00032R2, Vol. 20 (06), pp. 631 - 639, 2021.