Assistant Professor Ji-Won Lee
Bone, Pathology, Epigenetic, Osteoclast, Macrophage, cell biology
2004. 3 – 2007. 7 Keimyung University Graduate school, Department of Food Science and Technology, Daegu, Korea, Ph.D.
2002. 3 – 2004. 2 Keimyung University Graduate school, Department of Food Science and Technology, Daegu, Korea, Master degree.
1997. 3 – 2002. 2 Keimyung University Graduate school, Department of Food Science and Technology, Daegu, Korea, Bachelor.
2020. 4 – Present Assistant Professor Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Japan
2019. 4 – 2020. 6 Visiting Researcher Department of Nephrology, Boston Children’s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
2013. 4 – 2020. 3 Assistant Professor Division of Bio-Imaging, Proteo-Sciecne Center (PROS), Ehime University (Mentor: Dr. Tadahiro Iimura), Japan
2011. 4 – 2013. 3 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow Department of Oral Pathology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University (Mentor: Dr. Akira Yamaguchi), Japan
2009. 6 – 2011. 3 Postdoctoral Fellow Research Institute for Biological Functions, Chubu University (Mentor: Dr. Je-Tae Woo), Japan
2008. 10 – 2009. 9 Visiting Researcher Institute for Oral Science, Matsumoto Dental University (Mentor: Dr. Naoyuki Takahashi), Japan
1. Lee IH, Lee JW, Kong SW (co-1st author). A survey of genetic variants in SARS-CoV-2 interacting domains of ACE2, TMPRSS2 and TLR3/7/8 across populations. Infection, Genetics and Evolution (2020) 85.
2. Tanaka T, Takao-Kawabata R, Takakura A, Shimazu Y, Nakatsugawa M, Ito A, Lee JW, Kawasaki K, Iimura T. Teriparatide relieves ovariectomy-induced hyperalgesia in rats, suggesting regulation in primary sensory neurons by PTH-mediated signaling. Scientific Reports (2020).
3. Morita M, Nagaoka H, Ntege E, Kanoi B, Ito D, Nalata T, Lee JW, Tokunaga T, Torii M, Tsuboi T, Takashima E. PV1, a novel Plasmodium falciparum merozoite dense granule protein, interacts with exported protein in infected erythrocytes. Scientific Reports (2018) 8, 3696.
4. Lee JW*, Hoshino A, Inoue K, Saitou T, Uehara S, Kobayashi Y, Ueha S. Matsushima K, Yamaguchi A, Imai Y, Iimura T*. The HIV co-receptor CCR5 regulates osteoclast function. Nature Communications (2017) 8, 2226. (*co-corresponding author)
5. Fujiwara N, Lee JW, Kumakami-Sakano M, Otsu K, Woo JT, Iseki S, Ota MS. Harmine promotes molar root development via SMAD1/5/8 phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 497(3): 924-929 (2018)