DR. Mahato Manmatha
Dr. Mahato Manmatha is a Post-Doctoral Researcher in the Active Materials and Dynamic Systems Lab at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST).
Address: Daehak-ro 291, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-701,Republic of Korea
Phone: +82 42) 350 - 1580| Fax: +82-42-350-1510| Mobile: +82-10-4263-02-23
Email: [email protected]
Research and Teaching Interests
Functional Carbon Materials, like, COFs, MOFs, COPs, CTFs for membrane applications (soft actuators and energy storage)
Ph.D. Materials Science, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-KGP), India
M.Sc. Chemistry, Nagpur University, India (Project completed at Department of
Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT-K), Kanpur, India
B.Sc. Chemistry (Honors), The University of Burdwan, India
Post-Doctoral Researcher, Active Lab
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Supervisor: Prof. Il-Kwon Oh
2019 – 2019
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
Crescent Institute of Science and Technology
BK21, Post-Doctoral Researcher
Graduate School of Energy, Environment, Water Sustainability (EEWS)
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Supervisor: Prof. Cafer T. Yavuz
2017 – 2018
Product Head, Research and Development
Aakar Innovations Pvt. Ltd
Navi Mumbai, India
2009 – 2011
Corrosion and Surface Engineering Division
CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory Jamshedpur, Jamshedpur-831007, India
Supervisor: Dr. Trilochan Mishra
2009 – 2009
Non- Sterile Bulk (NSB) Plant, Phase III
Lupin Limited, Mandideep, Bhopal, (M. P.)- 462046 India
Professional Membership & Directorship
Active member in Materials Science Society, IIT Kharagpur and The Institution of Engineers (India), Kharagpur
Awards and Honors
-GATE (The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, India): Awarded on 2012, 2013 and 2014
-CSIR-UGC NET (National Eligibility Test), India: Awarded on 2012
Journal Publications (*Corresponding Author)
1. A dual-ion acceptable vanadium carbide nanowire cathode integrated with carbon clothes for long cycle stability.
S. Nam, P. Thangasamy, S. Oh, M. Mahato, Koratkar, N., and I.K. Oh*, Nanoscale, 2020, 12, 20868-20874.
2. Skin-attachable and biofriendly chitosan-diatom triboelectric nanogenerator.
J.N. Kim, J. Lee, T.W. Go, A. Rajabi-Abhari, M. Mahato, J.Y. Park, H. Lee, and I.K. Oh*, Nano Energy, 2020, 75, 104904.
3. Stimuli-Responsive MXene-based Actuators.
V.H. Nguyen, R. Tabassian, S. Oh, S. Nam, M. Mahato, P. Thangasamy, A.R. Abhari, W.J. Hwang, A.K. Taseer, and I.K. Oh*, Advanced Functional Materials, 2020, 30, 1909504.
4. Intertwined Nanosponge Solid-State Polymer Electrolyte for Rollable and Foldable Lithium-Ion Batteries.
S. Oh, V.H. Nguyen, V.T. Bui, S. Nam, M. Mahato, and I.K. Oh*, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2020, 12, 11657−11668.
5. Asynchronous double Schiff base formation of pyrazole porous polymers for selective Palladium recovery.
M. Garai,§ M. Mahato,§ Y. Hong, V. Rozyyev, U. Jeong and C. T. Yavuz*, Advanced Science, 2020, under revision. § Equal contribution.
6. Crystalline Hydrazine- based Covalent Organic Frameworks for Industrial H2O2 production via a Reversible Route.
Mousumi Garai,§ Manmatha Mahato,§ Zakir Ullah and Cafer T. Yavuz* Submitted. § Equal contribution.
7. Graphene Mesh for Self‐Sensing Ionic Soft Actuator Inspired from Mechanoreceptors in Human Body,
R. Tabassian, V.H. Nguyen, S. Umrao, M. Mahato, J. Kim, M. Porfiri, and I.K. Oh*, Advanced Science, 2019, 6, 1901711. Selected as front cover image, D0I.1002/advs.201970137.
8. Development of magnetically separable mesoporous N doped TiO2-SiO2 coated Fe3O4 nanomaterial as solar photocatalyst for environmental application,
M. Mahato, S. Mukherjee and T. Mishra*, Materials Research Express, 2019, 6, 105544.
International Conference (2019-2020)
1. Oral presentation on "6th International Conference on Electronic Materials and Nanotechnology for Green Environment" (ENGE 2020), Jeju, Korea, Republic of.
2. Oral presentation on "2020 Spring Conference of the Korean Society of Composite Materials" (KSCM 2020), Korea, Republic of.
3. Oral presentation on "The 4th International Conference on Active Materials and Soft Mechatronics" (AMSM 2019), Korea, Republic of.
4. Oral presentation on "The 1st Korea-China-Japan Joint Symposium on Composite Materials" (KCJCM 2019), Korea, Republic of.
1. CTF-based Soft Touch Actuator for Playing Electronic Piano.
M. Mahato, R. Tabassian, V.H. Nguyen, S. Oh, S. Nam, W.J. Hwang, and I.K. Oh*, Nature Communications, 2020, 11, 1-15. In news coverage of KoreaTechToday, NEWS BREAK, Aju Business Daily, The Korea Bizwire, FLIPBOARD, KAIST NEWS, ATN news, 이웃집과학자.
2. Sulfur‐and Nitrogen‐Rich Porous π‐Conjugated COFs as Stable Electrode Materials for Electro‐Ionic Soft Actuators.
M. Mahato, R. Tabassian, V.H. Nguyen, S. Oh, S. Nam, K.J. Kim, and I.K. Oh*, Advanced Functional Materials, 2020, 30, 2003863. Selected as front cover image, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.202070300.
3. A mesoporous WN co-doped titania nanomaterial with enhanced photocatalytic aqueous nitrate removal activity under visible light.
T. Mishra*, M. Mahato, Noor Aman, J. N. Patel, R. K. Sahu; Catalysis Science and Technology, 2011, 1, 609–615. (This article has been identified as suitable for inclusion in weekly RSC Publishing press pack, which is published in the RSC blog. (https://blogs.rsc.org/cy/2011/05/11/lights-on-denitrification/?doing_wp_cron=1579835024.4660398960113525390625).
4. Poly (N-[4H-1, 2, 4-triazol-4-yl] acrylamide) with different ratio of poly (vinyl chloride) composite membrane for liquid phase sensing of alcohol,
M. Mahato, A. Ghosh, H. Roy, N. Bhattacharyya, B. Adhikari*, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2017, 134, 15. Selected as front cover image, DOI: 10.1002/app.44675.
5. Vapor phase sensing response of doped polyaniline-poly (vinyl alcohol) composite membrane to different aliphatic alcohols,
M. Mahato, B. Adhikari*, Synthetic Metals, 2016, 220, 410-420.
6. Monitoring of Drinking Water Quality: A Preliminary Approach by an Electronic Tongue based on Functionalized Polymer Membrane Electrodes
M. Mahato and B. Adhikari*, Analytical Methods, 2017, 9, 6019-6031.