Mr. Morshed Hossan Molla
- Ph.D. Research Fellow in Geography and Environmental Studies, CU, Bangladesh, 2020.
- M. Phil in Geography and Environmental Studies, CU, Bangladesh, 2017.
- MS in Geography and Environmental Studies, CU, Bangladesh (CGPA 3.90), 2009 [First].
- BSc in Geography and Environmental Studies, CU, Bangladesh (CGPA 3.77), 2008 [First].
Postgraduate Diploma in MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning), ABP, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Awards and Scholarships
- Scholarship for Ph.D. research provided by the Social Science Research Council, Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, 2021.
- Scholarship for Ph.D. research provided by the University of Chittagong, 2022, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Scholarship for M. Phil research provided by the Social Science Research Council, Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, 2013-2017.
- NST Fellowship for MS Research provided by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, 2011-2012.
- Scholarship for academic excellence in BSc examinations provided by the University of Chittagong, 2010.
Under Graduate Level
1st Year: Recent Tsunami impact on Coastal area of Bangladesh: A Study on Local People Perception.
2nd Year: Environmental Characteristics of the Jamuna Floodplain and its Relationship with the Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge.
3rd Year: Impact of Shrimp Cultivation on Socioeconomic Condition: A Case Study of Satkhira District.
4th Year: Haor Dependency and Disaster Management: A Case Study of Hakaluki Haor.
Master of Science (MS) Level
Water Supply in Chittagong City, Bangladesh: An Assessment of Supply Water Quality, Its Uses and Health Impacts on Urban Dwellers.
Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) Level
Management of Urban Water Bodies in Bangladesh: A Case Study of Chittagong Metropolitan City.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Level-Ongoing
Water Resources Management in Urban Bangladesh: A Three-Phase Study on Cox’s Bazar Municipality for Sustainable Development.
- Molla, MH, Chowdhury, MAT, Bhuiyan, MHR, Das, S, Morshed, AJM, Das, J and Islam, S (2022), Seasonal Variation of Drinking Water Quality in Urban Water Bodies (UWBs) of Chittagong Metropolitan City, Bangladesh: Implications of Higher Water Quality Index (WQI) for the Urban Environment, Water Supply Vol 22 No 5, 4934 doi: 10.2166/ws.2022.151
- Barua, P, Rahman, SH and Molla, MH 2022. Trend Analysis Using Linear Regression Model of Climatic Components at Southeastern Coastal Islands of Bangladesh from 1975 to 2018, The Journal of the National Oceanographic and Maritime Institute (NOAMI), Vol, Pp https://noami.org.bd/homes/content_details/43 (Accepted).
- Barua,P., Rahman, SH and Molla, MH “Analysis of Climate Change Induced Parameters of South-Eastern Coastal Islands of Bangladesh: Comparison from 1977 to 2017”, J. Multidiscip. Appl. Nat. Sci., vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 47-57, Jan. 2022. https://doi.org/10.47352/jmans.2774-3047.107.
- Barua, P, Begum, M and Molla, MH. (2021). General Overview of Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Strategies, Social Change, Vol. 10, pp. 221-251. https://ypsa.org/publications/social-change-vol-10-2021/.
- Molla, MH, Rahman MA, Shahjahan M, Baura P and Quader A (2021). Rural to urban migration of disaster induced displaced people in coastal area of Bangladesh: An analysis of risk and opportunity. Resour Environ Econ, 3(2): 263-268. https://doi.org/10.25082/REE.2021.02.001.
- Molla, MH and Chowdhury, MAT., 2021. Identification and Classification of Urban Water Bodies in Chittagong Metropolitan City, Bangladesh: A Geographic Inventory, Bangladesh Journal of Environmental Research, 12, 1-19. https://juniv.edu/journal?department_id=45
- Molla, MH., Chowdhury, MAT and Islam, AZMZ (2020). Spatiotemporal Change of Urban Water Bodies in Bangladesh: A Case Study of Chittagong Metropolitan City Using Remote Sensing (RS) and GIS Analytic Techniques, 1989–2015. Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing. Volume 49, Issue 1, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12524-020-01201-9
- Khan, HTA., Rahman, MA., Molla, MH., Shahjahan, M and Rifah, BA (2020) Humanitarian Emergencies of Rohingya Older People in Bangladesh: A Qualitative Study on Hopes and Reality. Ageing Int (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12126-020-09400-y.
- Barua, P and Molla, MH. (2019). Accessibility Situation of Persons with Disabilities in South-Eastern Coast of Bangladesh in Relation to Climate Change and Disaster Management, Journal of Disability Studies. 5(2), pp.11-16. http://pubs.iscience.in/journal/index.php/jds/article/view/938
- Barua, P., Rahman, S.H. and Molla, MH. (2019). ‘Impact of river erosion on livelihood and coping strategies of displaced people in South-Eastern Bangladesh’, Int. J. Migration and Residential Mobility, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.34–55. DOI: 10.1504/IJMRM.2019.103275https://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticle.php?artid=103275
- Molla, MH., Shahjahan, M., Baura, P., Samia, R. (2019). Inclusion of persons with disabilities in the climate change and disaster management related rules and policies of Bangladesh: An empirical study. Journal of Disability Studies. 5(1),pp.11-15.http://pubs.iscience.in/journal/index.php/jds/article/view/867
- Barua, P., Molla, MH and Rahma N, SH 2018,Rohingya Influx and Environmental Catastrophes in South-Eastern Bangladesh, Social Change, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 86-100.http://ypsa.org/social-change/
- Haider, MA and Molla, MH 2017, An Evaluation of Citizens’ Knowledge on Implementation Status of Laws Addressing Urbanization and Urban Environment: A Case Study in Chittagong City, Bangladesh, IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, (IOSR-JESTFT), vol. 11, no. 10, 2017, pp. 72-81. DOI: 10.9790/2402-1110037281http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jestft/papers/vol11-issue%2010/Version-3/J1110037281.pdf.
- Barua, P., Rahma N, SH and Molla, MH 2017, Sustainable Adaptation for resolving Climate Displacement issues of South Eastern Islands in Bangladesh, International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management, Emerald Publishing Limited, Vol.9, No.6, pp.790-810, DOI 10.1108/IJCCSM-02-2017-0026.https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/IJCCSM-02-2017-0026.
- Rahman, MA., Molla, MH., Shahjahan, M and Sabur, A 2017, Children and Tobacco in existing Laws, Rules and Policies in Bangladesh: A Practical Scenario, Social Change, Vol.7, No.1, pp.10-22. http://ypsa.org/social-change/.
- Barua, P., Rahma n, SH and Molla, MH 2017, Heavy Metals Effluence in Sediments and Its Impact on Macrobenthos at Shipbreaking Area of Bangladesh, Asian Profile, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 167-179. http://www.asianresearchservice.com/Asianprofile.htm.
- Barua, P, Shahjahan, M, Rahman, MA, Rahman, SH and Molla, MH 2017, Ensuring the rights of climate-displaced people in Bangladesh, Forced Migration Review Digest, Oxford University, Issues, 54, pp. 88-91. https://www.fmreview.org/resettlement/barua-shahjahan-rahman-rahman-molla.
- Shahjahan, M, Bhattachearjee, V, Barua, P and Molla, MH 2016, Addressing Disability Inclusive Climate Change and Disaster Management in Bangladesh: A Review of Existing Laws, Policies and Strategies, Social Change, Vol. 6, No. 1 & 2, pp. 55-68. http://ypsa.org/social-change/.
- Molla, MH and Chowdhury, MAT 2016, Improve Measures of Supply Water Service Delibary in Chittagong City Bangladesh, Shoailo Geri, World Environmental Day, Department of Environment, Chittagong, Bangladesh, pp. 10-14.http://www.doe.gov.bd/site/page/d4e33ff5-a572-46d8-8e1d-1d49a73ab0d7/যোগাযোগঃ-বিভাগীয়-অফিস (Hard Copy).
- Sabur, MA and Molla, MH 2016, Environmental Analysis and Household Health Risk in Existing Solid Waste Management Practices on Different Residential Areas of Chittagong City. Social Change, Vol. 6, No. 1 & 2, pp. 127-138. http://ypsa.org/social-change/.
- Molla, MH 2016, Improvement of Supply Water Scenario in Chittagong Metropolitan City, Bangladesh, Social Change, Vol. 6, No. 1 & 2, pp. 91-100. http://ypsa.org/social-change/
- NM, Hoshen, Muhibbullah, M, Ali, KMB and Molla, MH 2015, Relationship between Soil Salinity and Physico-chemical Properties of Paddy Field Soils of Jhilwanja Union, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education, Journal of Agricultural Science; Vol. 7, No. 10, pp. 166-180. http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/jas/article/view/50257.
- Ali, KMB, Molla, MH, Hossain, NM, Hoshen, A, Rahman, M and Billah, MM 2015, Climate Change Induced Disasters in the Southeastern Coastal Belt Of Bangladesh, Geneares Publication: Asian Journal of Water Environment, Vol.2 No. 1, pp. 1-15.https://weng106.wixsite.com/genereas/archive.
- Molla, MH, Chowdhury, MAT, Ali, KMB, Bhuiyan, MHR, Mazumder, RM and Das, S 2014, Supply Water Quality in Urban Bangladesh: A Case Study of Chittagong Metropolitan City, Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 27–38.https://content.iospress.com/articles/asian-journal-of-water-environment-and-pollution/ajw11-4-04
- Molla, MH, Chowdhury, MAT, Ali, KMB and Muhibbullah, M 2014, Supply Water Using Patterns and Health Impacts on Urban Dwellers: A Case Study of Residents Perceptions in Chittagong Metropolitan City, Bangladesh, Geneares Publication: Asian Journal of Water Environment, Vol.1, No. 2, pp. 19-30.https://weng106.wixsite.com/genereas/archive.
- Muhibbullah, M, Molla, MH, Ali, KMB, Sarwar, MI and Hossain, N 2014, Health Hazards and Risks of Ship Breaking Activities in Bangladesh: An Environmental Impact Assessment Approach, European Journal of Advanced Research in Biological and Life Sciences, Vol. 2 No. 1, pp, 1-15. http://www.idpublications.org/ejarbls-vol-2-no-1-2014/.
- Chowdhury, MAT, Ali, KMB, Molla, MH, Bhuiyan, MHR, Mazumder, RM and Das, S 2014, Supply Water Quality in Urban Bangladesh: A Case Study of Chittagong Metropolitan City to Improve Service Delivery, Poster Presentation on Asian Water Week, 2013, Philippine, Manila. https://www.scribd.com/presentation/131384858/AWW2013-Supply-Water-Quality-in-Urban-Bangladesh-A-Case-Study-of-Chittagong-Metropolitan-City-to-Improve-Service-Delivery-by-Mohammad-Abu-Taiyeb.
- Ali, KMB, Molla, MH and Faisal, MM 2014, Urban Socio-Economic and Environmental Condition of Hill Tracts Bangladesh: A Case Study in Bandarban Municipality, IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), Volume 19, Issue 4, Ver. VII, pp. 36-44. DOI: 10.9790/0837-19473644 http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jhss/pages/19(4)Version-7.html.
- Ali, KMB, Sarwar, MI and Molla, MH 2011, Quality of Urban Environment: A Case of Citizen’s Perception in Satkhira Municipality, Bangladesh, The Chittagong Univ. J. B. Sci.,Vol. 6, No.1 &2, pp.65-76. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/cujbs.v6i1-2.17082 https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/CUJBS/article/view/17082.
- Ali, KMB and Molla, MH 2009, Traffic Congestion in Chittagong Metropolitan City, Bangladesh: A Case Study on Citizen Perception, The Chittagong University Journal of Social Sciences, Vol.27, pp.143-158. (Hard Copy) http://cu.ac.bd/content/index.php?menumapno=74
- Molla, MH, Chowdhury, MAT, Ali, KMB 2016, Drinking Water Scenario for Commercial Capital of Bangladesh Availability, Quality, Uses and Health Impacts on Urban Dwellers, Published by Lambert Academy, Germany. https://www.amazon.com/Drinking-Scenario-Commercial-Capital-Bangladesh/dp/3659870447
- Molla, MH and Khan, HTA 2021, Situation analysis of the elderly population in selected unions in Bangladesh”, International Congress of Gerontological Approach, 20-21 October 2021, Muş, Turkey-Online.
- Khan, HTA, Rahman, MA., Molla, MH and Shahjahan, M 2019. Elderly Persons in Humanitarian Emergencies in Bangladesh: Qualitative Experiment on Dreams and Reality, International Conference on the Rohingya Crisis in Comparative Perspective, UCL, 4-5 July 2019.
- Shahjahan, M, Molla, MH and Rahman, MA 2019, Disaster Induced Displaced People of South Eastern Coastal Region in Bangladesh: An Empirical Study, Presented on International Conference on Climate Change, Organized by Center for Climate Change Study and Resource Utilization, University of Dhaka; Bangladesh Association of Commonwealth Scholars And Fellows (BACSAF) and Alumni Association of German Universities in Bangladesh (AAGUB), 1 -3 March 2019, p. 62 (Flash Talk -29).
- Shahjahan, M., Molla, MH., Samia, R 2018, Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) in the Climate Change and Disaster Management Related Rules and Policies: An Empirical Study of the Coastal Belt of Bangladesh, 2nd International Conference on Disability & Disaster Risk Management, Bangabandu International Conference Center (BICC), Ministry of Disaster Management & Relief, May 15-17, 2018, p. 59.
- Barua, P., Shahjahan, M., and Molla, MH 2018, Study of Accessibility for the Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) in the Semi-urban and Southeastern Coastal Area of Bangladesh, 2nd International Conference on Disability & Disaster Risk Management, Bangabandu International Conference Center (BICC), Ministry of Disaster Management & Relief, May 15-17, 2018, p.43.
- Haider, MA, Chowdhury, MI and Molla, MH 2014, People perceptions on implementation status of laws, rules and regulations regarding urbanization and urban environment in Chittagong City, Bangladesh, Presented on International Conference on Urban Development in Bangladesh, Bangladesh National Geographical Society (BNGA), 28 April, 2014, p. 38 (Proceeding No A6-11).
- Molla, MH and Ali, KMB 2014, Urban Environmental Condition of Hill Tracts Bangladesh: A Case Study in Bandarban Municipality, Presented on International Conference on Urban Development in Bangladesh, Bangladesh National Geographical Society (BNGA), 28 April, 2014, p. 37 (Preceding No A4-07).
- Rahman, MA, Shahjahan, M., Barua, P and Molla, MH 2016, Rehabilitation Reality of Climate Displaced People in Southern Coast of Bangladesh: Need Relevant Policies and Institutional Frameworks, International conference on Anthropology, Adaptation and Resilience in Climate Change Regime Conference, 22-23 October, 2016 (Proceeding session – 11: Refugees and Migration Issues in Climate Change).
বাংলা প্রকাশিত প্রবন্ধ (Bangla Published Article):
- মোল্লা, মোরশেদ হোসেন এবং চৌধুরী, মোহাম্মদ আবু তৈয়ব, ২০১৯, চট্টগ্রাম মহানগরীর জলাভূমির স্থানিক এবং কালিক পরিবর্তনঃ একটি ভৌগোলিক বিশ্লেষণ, সম্পাদিত নজরুল ইসলাম ও অলক পাল, চট্টগ্রাম: একটি ভৌগোলিক সমিক্ষা, চট্টগ্রাম বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় চট্টগ্রাম ।
Molla, Morshed Hossan and Chowdhury, Mohammad Abu Taiyeb, 2019. Spatio-Temporal Changes of Urban Wetlands in Chittagram Metropolitan: A Geographical Study, edited by Nazrul Islam and Alak Paul, Chittagram: A Geographical Study, University of Chittagram, Chittagram.
- মোল্লা, মোরশেদ হোসেন, ২০১৮, চট্টগ্রাম নগর এলাকার জলাভূমির উপর একটি গবেষণা ভিত্তিক বিশদ পর্যালোচনা, দখিনা (দখিন হতে দেশের ডাক), ৫৭ তম সংখ্যা, ৭৩৯/বি মেহেদীবাগ, ৩ মোমিন রোড, চট্টগ্রাম।
Molla, Morshed Hossan, 2018. A Research-based Details Assessment on Urban Water Bodies in Chittagram City, DOKHINA (Call from South), 57th No, 739/B Mehadibugh, 3 MOmen Road, Chittagram.
- মোল্লা, মোরশেদ হোসেন, ২০১৮, বন্যা, জলোচ্ছাস এবং লবণাক্ততা যদি জলবায়ু গঠিত দূর্যোগ হয় তবে পাহাড় ধ্বস নয় কেন? : পাহাড়ী এলাকাকে দুর্যোগ প্রবণ এলাকা “ঘোষনা চাই”, শৈলগিরি, পরিবেশ অধিদপ্তর, চট্টগ্রাম, পৃষ্ঠা ৩৭-৪০।
Molla, Morshed Hossan, 2018. If flood, storm surge and salinity are climate-induced disasters, why not landslide? : Want to declare the hilly area as a disaster-prone area. SHOILOGERI, Department of Environment, Poribesh Odidoptor, Pp. 37-40.
- Shahjahan, M, Molla, MH and Rahman, MA 2019, Disaster Induced Displaced People of South Eastern Coastal Region in Bangladesh: An Empirical Study, Edited by Rafiqul Islam, Md. Nurnabi, M. Shahidul Islam, M. Shafiq-Ur-Rahman, Anwar Zahid and Mohammad Shahruzzaman, Published by Center for Climate Change Study and Resource Utilization, University of Dhaka; Bangladesh Association of Commonwealth Scholars And Fellows (BACSAF) and Alumni Association of German Universities in Bangladesh (AAGUB), Pp. 303 – 312.
- Molla, MH 2022, Urban Water Bodies (UWBs) as alternate water resporces for city dwellers in Commercial Capital of Bangladesh, edited by Eslamian et al., 2022, "Water Scarcity, Global Perspectives, Issues and Challenges" by NOVA Science Publisher, USA, Chapter 10.Pp. (Accepted).
- September 20, 2015 – to–date
Employer: YPSA (Young Power in Social Action), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
Position: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
Duration: 8 years.
Responsibilities: The prime responsibilities are research, monitoring & evaluation, documentation & publication, and program development including
- Research (Proposal writing, methodological framework, tools preparation, and analysis of both data).
- Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Report writing.
- Supervision of survey [PSA-Pre-Situational Analysis, Baseline, Mid-line and End-line Survey].
- Organize workshops, Knowledge Sharing meetings, One to one Advocacy meeting.
- Ensure continuous progress monitoring and constantly improvise in order to monitor and quality control functioning of the project implementation processes.
- Provide support in conceptual insights to statisticians for data analysis.
- Assist to write and/or review manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and where possible collaborating with scientists and academics.
- Supervise the team, resolve issues that arise in the field, help to get reimburse the field team.
- Recreate work plan for field visits.
Language and Computer Skill
- Good command in English spoken, reading and written.
- Competent in Statistical Software: Arc GISArc-10.3, View GIS 3.3x ,
IBM SPSS Statistics V-2 - 64bit software
CAP (Community Analysis Package)
- Smart User: Multicriteria Decision Analysis-Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), SERVQUAL Model, SWOT Analysis - Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix (QSPM) Approach & Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development - FSSD, Vulnerability Analysis, Trend Analysis, Regression Analysis, Water Quality Index (WQI) Analysis, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Cluster Analysis, Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Environmental Quality Analysis (EQA), Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis and Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA).
- Office Suite: Introduction to Computer, Application Packages and programming, Bangladesh Computer Council, Ministry of Science and Information & Communication Technology, Chittagong, Bangladesh, from 17 November 2009 to 02 February 2010.
- Researcher Scholar, IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), India, 2016.
- Writing Research Proposal, Research Design, Made Research Tools (Questionnaire, KII, FGD, Checklist and RRA), Supervision of Field Survey, Data (Qualitative and Quantitative) Analysis, Report Writing Along with Monitoring & Evaluation, Documentation and Publication.
Academic Interest (Research)
- Analytical Environment (Environmental Quality & Pollution Study).
- Water Resource Management (Management Aspect: Protection, Conservation and Management).
- Utility Management in Urban Area (Supply water).
- Disaster Management.
- Climate Change & Climate Migrants and Adaptation Strategy.