Professor Nayan Deep S. Kanwal
Over 33 years professional experience primarily in Research Administration and Management. Experienced Executive Editor with a demonstrated history of working in the publishing industry. Skilled in Academic Publishing, Publications, Creative Writing, and Text Editing. Strong media and communication professional with substantial experience in Communications, Media, Print Design with a strong scholarly journal publishing background.
Eye for detail, able to meet tight deadlines and ability to solve problems. Good international contacts/connections in the sales management and commercially astute professional with initiative, versatility and resourcefulness in order to match the exacting demands of the position.
Areas of Expertise
1. Research (Academic R&D publications) — Journal Administration & Management
2. English studies
3. Environmental Issues; Agriculture
2019 - Current Chief Executive Editor (Horizon JHSSR)/ Professor
- Established a new scholarly journal (JHSSR) for University Academia, USA.
- Delivered Lectures and talks on writing for research publications, and publishing in scholarly journals, etc.
2017 - Current Visiting Professor and Consultant (Research & Publications)
- Established a new scholarly journal (IJOBEX) for BINUS University, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Delivered Lectures and talks on writing for research publications, and publishing in SCOPUS journals, etc.
2011 - 2018 Chief Executive Editor (Grade JUSA C— Premier or Super Grade in the Malaysian Civil Service. JUSA-Jawatan Utama Sektor Awam, or Public Service Premier Post (Grade C Professor).
- UPM’s nine prestigious journals under my purview.
- Obtained SCOPUS & ESCI status for 4 journals
- Maintained SCOPUS status for each journal for 12
- years continuously.
- Received several Govt. awards from MoE, Malaysia.
2006 - 2011 Executive Editor
- Pertanika: UPM’s Hallmark 3-seriesJournals—quarterly.
2003 - 2010 Managing Editor/Founder
- Synthesis—UPM’s 1st and only Official R&D Bulletin published quarterly.
2003 - 2004 Editor-in- Chief
- R&D at UPM: Part 1—Creating New Frontiers ofInnovative Research.
- R&D at UPM: Part 2—Research Snapshots.
- UPM Research Directory: Part 1—Products, Services & Expertise
- UPM Research Directory: Part 2—Staff Profile (Faces of Innovation)
1997 - 2006 Project editor
- UPM’s Annual Research Report 1996, 1998, 2000
1997 - 2000 Co-editor
- Universiti Putra Malaysia’s 1st R&D Directory of Products, Services and Expertise.
- Inventions, Innovative Research and Products 2000
1990 - 1994 Editor
- Several School books (See Appendix 1)
- Weekly Bulletin for Rotary Club of Marina City, R.I. District 3310, Singapore.
- Indonesia & Philippines Tax Review, Vol.1 Nos.3-6
Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) Université Montpellier (France) 2004/5
M.Sc. (Agriculture) University of Papua New Guinea, PNG 1985
BAG. (Bachelor of Agriculture) University of Papua New Guinea, PNG 1982
NCC, Diploma (IT) Stamford College, Singapore 1989/90
Peer reviewed publications
1) Kaewanuchit C. and Kanwal, N. D .S. (2019). A Path Model of Mental Health Service Utilization among Asian Immigrant Workers after ASEAN Community’s Policy. Pertanika J. Soc. Sci. & Hum.(In-press).
2) Bachtiar H. Simamora, Bahtiar Saleh Abbas, Nayan Deep S. Kanwal, Engkos Achmad Kuncoro. (2019). Indonesian Public School Productivity. Pertanika J. Soc. Sci. & Hum. (In-press).
3) Kaewanuchit C. and Kanwal, N. D .S. (2018). A Path Analysis of the Relationship between Job Stress and Care for Ageing Parents in Thailand: A Case Study of Thai Migrant Workers. Pertanika J. Soc. Sci. & Hum. 26 (1), 557-568.
4) Jiraporn Chano, Thanarat Sripong-Ngam and Kanwal, N.D.S. (2018). The Development of Executive Function Learning Management Model to Enhance School Readiness in Early childhood with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Pertanika J. Soc. Sci. & Hum. (In-press).
5) Desy Maya Kristin1, Yakob Utama Chandra, Bachtiar Simamora, Bahtiar Saleh Abbas, Nayan Deep S. Kanwal, Rinda Hedwig*. (2018). Research Development in Indonesia Higher Education and Its Impact to Bina Nusantara University’s Research Strategic Planning. Int.J. of Economics & Management (Inpress)