Dr. Pingan Zhu
Dr. Zhu Pingan is currently an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of City University Hong Kong.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Hong Kong, 2017
- B.E. from the University of Science and Technology of China, 2013
- Fluid Dynamics
Honors and Awards
- Mechanical Engineering Outstanding Thesis Award (2016-2017), University of Hong Kong (2018)
- TechConnect Global Innovation Award, 2018 TechConnect World Innovation Conference & Expo, Anaheim, USA (2018)
- HKIS-Towngas Young Scientist Award (honorable mention), Hong Kong Institute of Science, Hong Kong, China (2017)
- Shile Feng#, Pingan Zhu#, Huanxi Zheng, Haiyang Zhan, Chen Chen, Jiaqian Li, Liqiu Wang, Xi Yao, Yahua Liu & Zuankai Wang. Three-dimensional capillary ratchet-induced liquid directional steering. Science 373, 1344-1348 (2021).
- Pingan Zhu, Rifei Chen, Chunmei Zhou, Michael Aizenberg, Joanna Aizenberg & Liqiu Wang. Bioinspired soft microactuators. Advanced Materials 33, 2008558 (2021).
- Chunmei Zhou#, Pingan Zhu#, Ye Tian, Min Xu & Liqiu Wang. Engineering micromotors with droplet microfluidics. ACS Nano 13, 6319-6329 (2019).
- Pingan Zhu, Tiantian Kong, Xin Tang & Liqiu Wang. Well-defined porous membranes for robust omniphobic surfaces via microfluidic emulsion templating. Nature Communications 8, 15823 (2017).
- Pingan Zhu & Liqiu Wang. Passive and active droplet generation with microfluidics: A review. Lab on a Chip 17, 34-75 (2017).