The prospect of favorably influencing brain health through dietary habits has gained much interest. My research interest explores the therapeutic potential of functional foods and phytonutrients as neuroprotectants against mitochondrial diseases and cerebral toxoplasmosis. The scientific findings support nutritional intervention as a viable strategy for the management of human brain disorders.
Areas of expertise: Autophagy, Functional Food, Mitochondria, Nutrition, Neurodegeneration, Protein Aggregation, Toxoplasmosis.
- Kinetics of Protein Aggregates Disposal by Aggrephagy. November 2016. Methods in Enzymology 588. DOI: 10.1016/bs.mie.2016.09.084
- Mitophagy Transcriptome: Mechanistic Insights into Polyphenol-Mediated Mitophagy. May 2017. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity 2017:1-13. DOI: 10.1155/2017/9028435
- Pomegranate activates TFEB to promote autophagy-lysosomal fitness and mitophagy. January 2019. Scientific Reports 9(1):727. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-37400-1
- Ligand-activated progesterone receptor B activates transcription factor EB to promote autophagy in human breast cancer cells. May 2019. Experimental Cell Research 382(1). DOI: 10.1016/j.yexcr.2019.05.014
- mTOR S-nitrosylation inhibits autophagy and lysosomal proteolysis. September 2020. bioRxiv. DOI: 10.1101/2020.09.11.292607