Dr Simon Quan-Bin Han
Title: Assistant Professor, Teaching and Research Division
Expert area: Expert in natural product chemistry, chemical analysis of Chinese herbal medicines and application of high-speed counter-current chromatography.
Dr. Simon Quan-Bin Han obtained his PhD in natural product chemistry at Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy Sciences in 2003 and was granted “The President Award” by the Academy. 2004-2009, he was a Scientist at Hong Kong Jockey Club Institute of Chinese Medicine. 2009-6.2011, he worked for the Chinese University of Hong Kong as a Research Assistant Professor. Now he is an Assistant Professor at School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University.
His research interests are focused on natural product chemistry, quality control methodology, HSCCC’s application in drug discovery. With years of research experiences, Dr. Han has published over one hundred research papers in scientific journals such as Natural Product Reports, Current Medicinal Chemistry, Organic Letter, Journal of Chromatography A, Journal of Natural Products, etc, being the first author for nearly forty of them. His research got financial support from several government funding agencies, like National Natural Sciences Foundation in China, HKSAR Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF), and Health and Health Services Research Fund, etc.
1. Quan-Bin Han, Hong-Xi Xu, Caged Garcinia Xanthones, development since 1937, Current Medicinal Chemistry, 2009, 16, 3775-3796. IF:4.07
2. Han-Dong Sun, Sheng-Xiong Huang, and Quan-Bin Han, Diterpenoids from Isodon species and their biological activities, Natural Products Report, 2006, 23, 673-698. IF: 10.18
3. Quan-Bin Han, Ting-Fai Tso, Susan Cheung, Joseph Tai, Chun-Feng Qiao, Jing-Zheng Song, Han-Dong Sun, Hong-Xi Xu, Maoecrystal Z, a Cytotoxic Diterpene from Isodon eriocalyx with an Unique Skeleton, Organic Letters, 2006, 8, 4727-4730. IF: 6.14
4. Xiao-Qiang Han, Gar-Lee Yue, Rui-Qi Yue, Cai-Xia Dong, Chung-Lap Chan, Chun-Hay Ko, Wing-Shing Cheung, Ke-Wang Luo, Hui Dai*, Chun-Kwok Wong, Ping-Chung Leung, Quan-Bin Han*, Structure elucidation and immunomodulatory activity of a beta glucan from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma sinense, PLOS ONE, 2014, pone.0100380. IF: 3.73
5. Mengshun Liu, Ling Tao, Siu Leung Chow, Rong Wu, Shuangfan Cai, Mengjie Wang, Yifu Yang, Dajian Yang, Zhaoxiang Bian, Aiping Lu, Quanbin Han*, Hongxi Xu*，Folding Fan Mode Counter Current Chromatography (FFM-CCC) offers fast blind screening for drug discovery. Case study: Finding anti-enterovirus 71 agents from Anemarrhena asphodeloides，Journal of Chromatography A, 2014, 1368, 116-124. IF: 4.61
6. Jun Xu, Song-Lin Li, Rui-Qi Yue, Chun-Hay Ko, Jiang-Miao Hu, Jing Liu, Hing-Man Ho, Tao Yi, Zhong-Zhen Zhao, Jun Zhou, Ping-Chung Leung, Hu-Biao Chen*, Quan-Bin Han*, A novel and rapid HPGPC-based strategy for quality control of saccharide-dominant herbal materials: Dendrobium officinale, a case study, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2014, 406, 6409-6417.
7. Jun-Yi Yin, Zhi-Hong Jiang, Hua Yu, Ming-Yong Xie, Wen-Luan Hsiao, Ai-Ping Lu, Quan-Bin Han*, A new application of an aqueous diphase solvent system in one-step preparation of polysaccharide from the crude water extract of Radix Astragali by high-speed counter-current chromatography, Journal of Chromatography A, 2012, 1262, 92-97. IF: 4.61
8. Lin Li, Grace G.L. Yue, Clara B.S. Lau, Handong Sun, Kwok-pui Fung, Ping-chung Leung, Quan-Bin Han* and Po Sing Leung*, Eriocalyxin B induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in pancreatic adenocarcinoma cells through caspase- and p53-dependent pathways, Toxicology & Applied Pharmacology, 2012, 262, 80-90. IF: 3.98
9. Xian-Jun Yu, Quan-bing Han*, Zhe-Sheng Wen, Liang Ma, Jin Gao Guang-Biao Zhou*, Gambogenic acid induces G1 arrest via GSK3β-dependent Cyclin D1 degradation and triggers autophagy in lung cancer cells, Cancer Letters, 2012, 322, 185-194. IF: 4.26
10. Jun-Yi Yin, Ben Chung-Lap Chan, Hua Yu, Iris Yuen-Kam Lau, Xiao-Qiang Han, Sau-Wan Cheng, Chun-Kwok Wong, Clara Bik-San Lau , Ming-Yong Xie, Kwok-Pui Fung, Ping-Chung Leung, Quan-Bin Han*, Separation, structure characterization, conformation and immunomodulating effect of a hyperbranched heteroglycan from Radix Astragali, Carbohydrate Polymers, 2012, 87, 667-75. IF: 3.48