Ph.D. Yoshiyuki Kageyama
Yoshiyuki Kageyama is working as an assistant professor at Laboratory for Condensed Matter Chemistry at Hokkaido University. His specialty is physical organic chemistry, especially the kinetic study of organic reactions.
He is interested in the construction of integrated chemical systems that work cooperatively with their dynamic properties. When considering life phenomena, we can recognize the importance of supramolecular dynamics in their highly functionalized homeostatic feature. A well-known example is the allosteric effect of hemoglobin: the change in its structure realizes the self-catalytic trapping and releasing of oxygen. Heartbeat is another example, in which the cells, which consist of molecules, work cooperatively to beat periodically and enduringly.
(1) Yoshiyuki Kageyama,* Tomonori Ikegami, Shinnosuke Satonaga, Kazuma Obara, Hiroyasu Sato, and Sadamu Takeda* "Light-driven flipping of azobenzene assemblies ― sparse crystal structures and responsive behavior to polarized light" Chem. Eur. J. accepted, DOI:10.1002/chem.202000701
(2) Yoshiyuki Kageyama* "Light-Powered Self-Sustainable Macroscopic Motion for the Active Locomotion of Materials" ChemPhotoChem 3, 327-336 (2019). DOI: 10.1002/cptc.201900013
(3) Tomonori Ikegami, Yoshiyuki Kageyama,* Kazuma Obara, and Sadamu Takeda* "Dissipative and Autonomous Square-Wave Self-Oscillation of a Macroscopic Hybrid Self-Assembly under Continuous Light Irradiation" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 55, 8239-8243 (2016). DOI: 10.1002/anie.201600218
(4) Yoshiyuki Kageyama,* Tomonori Ikegami, Natsuko Hiramatsu, Sadamu Takeda,* and Tadashi Sugaawara “Structure and Growth Behavior of Centimeter-Sized Helical Oleate Assemblies Formed with Assistance of Medium-Length Carboxylic Acids” Soft Matter 11, 3550-3558 (2015). DOI: 10.1039/C5SM00370A
(5) Hiroshi Takahashi, Yoshiyuki Kageyama, Kensuke Kurihara, Katsuto Takakura, Shigeru Murata, and Tadashi Sugawara* “Autocatalytic membrane-amplification on a pre-existing vesicular surface” Chem. Commun. 46, 8791-8793 (2010). DOI: 10.1039/C0CC02758H