Prof. Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Al-Haddad
- A strong academic background and a demonstrated ability in university under- and
post-graduate teaching of microbiology and medical microbiology (including
virology, bacteriology and parasitology) and molecular biology in courses for
medicine, medical laboratories, sciences. and environmental sciences and marine
- Researcher in the field of microbiology, medical microbiology, and molecular biology.
- Trainer of undergraduate students in the field of microbiology and medical
- Examiner of postgraduate students in the field of microbiology and medical
- Teaching in classical traditional and problem-based learning (PBL) system.
- Working in curriculum development in different colleges such as college of medicine
and health sciences, nursing, and environmental sciences and marine biology.
1- Training Program on Innovative Medical Education, Center for Research and
Development in Medical Education and Health Services, Faculty of Medicine, Suez
Canal University, 26 May – 7 June 2001, Ismailia, Egypt.
2- Training Course in Medical Education, Center for Medical Education, Faculty of
Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Sana’a in Collaboration with World
Health Organization, 18-22 October 2003, Sana’a, Yemen.
3- National Training Course on HINARI Site and Publishers Site, WHO-EMRO, 29-30
December 2003, Aden, Yemen.
4- Health System Research Workshop, Ministry of Public Health and Population, 3-8
April 2004, Sana’a, Yemen.
5- Training activity on Problem formulation, Medical Education Department, Faculty of
Medicine, Suez Canal University, 24 – 30 November 2004, Ismailia, Egypt.
6- Summer course: Expanding Horizons in Problem-Based Learning in Medicine, Health
and Behavioural Sciences, Week 1 (Introduction to Problem-Based Learning), 20-24
June 2005, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
7- Bridges Healthcare Training Workshop. Bridges Social Development, Canada.
November 2005, Al-Mukalla, Yemen.
8- Global Biorisk Management Curriculum Courses, 16-20 June 2013, Amman, Jordan.
- Research at the Robert Koch Institute for Microbiology, Department of Wernigerode,
- Research for several months at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL),
Heidelberg, Germany, 1997.
- Assistantship in the area of Biology at the Institute of Cell Biology and Biosystems
Technology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Rostock, Germany, 1996-
- Assistant Professor of Medical Microbiology and Cell Biology in College of Medicine
and Health Sciences at Hadhramout University, 8 March 2000 – 19 November 2005.
- Head of the Medical Education Department, College of Medicine and Health Sciences
at Hadhramout University, 10 October 2000 – 10 December 2004.
- Head of the Department of Microbiology and Pathology, College of Medicine and
Health Sciences at Hadhramout University, 11 December 2004 – 31 December 2005.
- Founding Dean of the Faculty of Nursing, Hadhramout University, 18 September
2005 – 2 December 2012.
- Associate Professor of Medical Microbiology and Molecular Biology, College of
Medicine and Health Sciences at Hadhramout University, 20 November 2005 – 15
- Head of the Committee for development and innovating the study programmes and
curricula – Faculty of Nursing, Hadhramout University, April 2009 – December 2012.
- Head of Department of Medical Laboratories, College of Medicine and Health
Sciences at Hadhramout University, November 2013 – November 2014.
- Manager of Educational Development Center, College of Medicine and Health
Sciences at Hadhramout University, November 2013 – November 2014.
- Professor of Medical Microbiology and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine and
Health Sciences at Hadhramout University, 16 January 2014 – till present.
1. Al-Haddad, A., Redlich, B., Weiss, D.G., and Kuznetsov, S.A.: Actin Binding Proteins
Mediate the Interaction of Phagosomes with Actin Filaments. European Journal of Cell
Biology 1999, 78(49):53.
2. Al-Haddad, A., Shonn, M.A., Redlich, B., Blocker, A., Burkhardt, J.K., Yu, H., Hammer III,
J.A., Weiss, D.G., Steffen, W., Griffiths, G., and Kuznetsov, S.A.: Myosin Va Bound to
Phagosomes Binds to F-Actin and Delays Microtubule-dependent Motility. Molecular
Biology of the Cell 2001, 12:2742–2755.
3. Al-Haddad, A. KAP Study On AIDS Among Al-Mukalla and Al-Ghail Secondary School
Students in Hadhramout – Yemen. Kufa Medical Journal 2002, 5(1):183-191.
4. Al-Hilli, A.S.A., Al-Haddad, A., Mahaw, N.S., Ali, E.S. Cognition of sperm motility
improvement after using some antibiotic treatments in asthenozoospermia subfertile patients
with pysemia (pus cell in semen). The Medical Journal of Tikrit University 2002,
5. Al-Haddad, A. Serodiagnosis of Infectious Diseases among Patients admitted to Ibn Sina
Central Teaching Hospital in Al-Mukalla City –Yemen. Journal of Hadhramout University
6. Al-Muflehi, M., and Al-Haddad, A. Prevalence of Ear Infection in Al-Mukalla City –
Yemen. Journal of Hadhramout University 2004, 7(3):263-268.
7. Al-Haddad, A. Urinary tract infection among pregnant women in Al-Mukalla district,
Yemen. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, 2005, 11(3):505-510.
8. Al-Haddad, A., Bin Ghouth A.S., and Hassan, H. Distribution of Dental Caries Among
Primary School Children in Al-Mukalla Area – Yemen. Journal of Dentistry, Tehran
University of Medical Sciences, 2006, 3(4):195-198.
9. Al-Haddad, A., Abdo-Rabbo, A. Antibiotic Resistance of Isolated Bacteria in Ibn Sina
General Teaching Hospital in Al-Mukalla, Yemen. Yemeni Journal for Medical Sciences
10. Baswaid, S.H., Al-Haddad, A.M. Parasitic Infections among Restaurant Workers in Mukalla
(Hadhramout/Yemen). Iranian J Parasitology 2008, 3(3):37-41.
11. Alrabbad, I.A., Al-Shamahy, H.S., Al-Hadad, A.M. Comparison of a polymerase chain
reaction and conventional microbiologic methods in assessing MRS in hospital acquired
Staphylococcus aureus. Faculty of Science Bulletin, Sana'a University 2009, 22: 129-136.
12. Lardhi, A., Al-Jumaily, S., AI-Haddad, A.M., A1-Ezzi, J.I., Haroun, B. Prevalence of
malaria among children in Wadi Hajar – Hadhramout,Yemen. Tikrit Medical Journal 2009,
13. Al-Haddad, A.M., Bin Gouth, A.S., El-Hosseiny, M. Microbial resistance in patients with
urinary tract infections in Al-Mukalla, Yemen. Sudan Journal of Medical Sciences 2010,
14. Al-Haddad, A.M, Baswaid, S.H. Frequency of intestinal parasitic infection among children
in Hadhramout Governorate (Yemen). Journal of the Egyptian Society of Parasitology 2010,
15. El-Ghany, G.M., Gad, A.H., Al-Haddad, A.M. Knowledge and attitude about pre-martial
counselling among Hadhramout University students. Zagazig Nursing Journal 2010,
16. Al-Shamiry, A.A., Al-Haddad, A.M., Al-Shamahy, H.A. Co-existing diseases of patients
with pulmonary tuberculosis in Yemen. Journal of Tropical Nephro Urology 2011,
17. Alkaff, H.M., Al-Haddad A.M. Clinical epidemiology of urolithiasis in tropical areas
(Yemeni style). Supplement of African Journal of Urology 2012, Volume 18, 1st ESD
“Experts in Stone Disease” Conference (page 60).
18. Alkaff, H.M., Al-Haddad, A.M. Eosinophilic (allergic) ureteric colic a new entity in
urological practice. As published in the Supplement of African Journal of Urology 2012,
Volume 18, 1st ESD “Experts in Stone Disease” Conference (pages 62-63).
19. Al-Moyed, K.A., Al-Haddad, A.M., Al-Madhagi A.K., Alawi, M.Q. Prevalence and
antimicrobial susceptibility of Staphylococcus lugdunensis in various clinical specimens.
Journal of Tropical Nephro Urology 2012, 11(11):33-39.
20. Al-Haddad, A.M., Al-Madhagi A. K., Talab, A.A, Al-Shamahy, H.A. The prevalence of
human brucellosis in three selected areas in Al-Dala'a governorate, Yemen. Faculty of
Science Bulletin, Sana'a University 2013, 25:61-71.
21. Al-Makdad, A.M., Al-Dholaee, M.H., Thabet, A.A.K., Al-Haimi, M.A., Balfaqih, O.S., Al-
Haddad, A.M. Prevalence of Helicobacter Pylori Infection in Yemeni Patients. Yemeni
Journal for Medical Sciences 2013, 7:33-38.
22. Al-Madhagi, A.K., Al-Moyed, K.A., Al-Haddad, A.M. Resistance of anti-tuberculosis drugs
among pulmonary tuberculosis patients in Yemen. Journal of Faculty of Medicine Baghdad
23. Al-Madhagi A.K., Al-Haddad, A.M, Al-Moyed, K.A., Al-Robasi, K.A. A comparative study
for the detection of M tuberculosis complex by BACTEC MGIT 960 and Löwenstein Jensen
media. Sana’a University Journal for Medical Sciences 2013, 5(2):8-14.
24. Al-Moyed, K.A., Al-Haddad, A.M., Al-Areqi, B.A., Al-Danani, D.A. Prevalence of
Staphylococcus aureus infection among diabetic foot patients in Sana'a city-Yemen.
Alandalus Journal for Applied Sciences 2014, 1(6):58-77.
25. Al-Moyed, K.A., Al-Haddad, A.M., Sallam, W.A. Detection of anti Hepatitis B core
antibodies among Hepatitis B surface antigen negative blood donors in Sana’a city, Yemen.
Alandalus Journal for Applied Sciences 2014, 2:3-16.
26. Almualm, Y.K, Abd Allah, M.A., Bayomi, S.S , El-Magrabi, N.M., Al-Hadad, A.M. Nursing
Intervention for Diabetic Patients in Mukalla City-Yemen. Advances in Environmental
Biology 2015, 9(11):11-18.
27. Al-Moyed, K.A., Al-Jamrah, K.M., Al-Robasi, A.A., Bin Nabhan, A.S., Al-Haddad, A.M.
Prevalence of enteric adenovirus among infants and young children suffering from acute
gastroenteritis in Sana’a city, Yemen. Alandalus Journal for Applied Sciences 2015,
28. Almualm, Y.K, Abd Allah, M.A., Bayomi, S.S , El-Magrabi, N.M., Al-Hadad, A.M.
Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices of patient with Diabetes Mellitus in Mukalla City-
Yemen. Assiut Scientific Nurisng Journal 2015, 3(5):125-136.
29. Al-Haik, W.M., Al-Mahbashi, A.A., Al-Mahdi, A.Y., Mohamed, M.M.E., Al-Haddad, A.M.
Genotypic Characteristics of Clinical and Non-Clinical Isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa:
Distribution of Different antibiogram Profiles and Molecular Typing. Jordan Journal of
Biological Sciences 2016, 9(3):185-194.
30. Al-Haddad, A.M., Al-Haik, W.M., Al-Mahdi, A.Y. Serotypes and Antibiogram of
Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Isolated from Hospitals in Yemen. EC Microbiology 2016,
31. Bawazir, A., Al-Haddad, A., AL-Mahdi, A., Shantaram, M. Actinomycetes from Mountains
of Hadhramout – Yemen. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied
Sciences 2017, 6(8):3521-3530.
32. Al-Haik, W., Bawazir, A., Aly, M., Al-Haddad, A., Shantaram, M.. Antimicrobial Activity
of Lactic Acid Bacteria against Toxigenic Fungi. International Journal of Current Researsh
and Academic Review 2017, 5(11):12-18.
33. Al-Haik, W.M., Al-Haddad, A.M. Bacterial Vaginosis among Pregnant Women in
Hadhramout-Yemen. Alandalus Journal for Applied Sciences 2017, 7(16):21-33.
34. Shoga al-deen, H.M., Abbas A.M., Al-Shamahy, H.A., Al-Sharabi, A.K., Ghandour, I.,
Al-Labani, M.A., Al-Haddad, A.M. The consequence of Khat chewing habit on the
periodontal conditions among adults in Sana'a city, Yemen. Alandalus Journal for Applied Sciences 2017, 7(16):35-49.
35. Antimicrobial activities for Hadrami honey on growth of some pathogenic bacteria.
Al-Haik, M.W, Al-Haddad, A.M., Al-kaf, A.G., Edrees, W.H. Universal Journal of
Pharmaceutical Research 2017, 2(6):7-12.
36. Al-Rukeimi, A.D, Jamial, N.A., Al-Shamahy, H.A., Al-Falahi, T.H., Al-Haddad A.M.,
Al-Moyed, K.A. Assessment of Bacterial Contamination at the Time of Embryo Transfer,
and its Impression on the In-Vitro Fertilization / Pregnancy Outcome, in Sana’a City,
Yemen. World Journal of Gynecology & Women’s Health 2019; 2(2):1-5.
37. Al-Shamahy, H.A., Jaadan, B.M., Al-Madhaji, A.G., Al-Fraji, B.B.M., Ajrah, M.A.,
Al-Hajj, M.M.A., Al-Haddad, A.M. Prevalence and potential risk factors of hepatitis B virus
in a sample of children in two selected areas in Yemen. Universal Journal of Pharmaceutical
Research 2019, 4(3):18-22.