Associate Professor Sitti Raehanah Muhamad Shaleh
Her research interest is aquaculture particularly seaweed and sea cucumber farming. Apart from doing research, she teaches undergraduate and supervise postgraduate students. She obtained her PhD (2004) from Universiti Putra Malaysia. Being an academic and administrator for many years, the university has appointed her as the director for Borneo Marine Research Institute, Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS).
Areas of expertise: aquaculture, seaweed, sea cucumber, fish, microalgae
Gender Roles in Inclusive Blue Economy, January 2020. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-70060-1_68-1. In book: Gender Equality (pp.1-12). Sitti Raehanah M. Shaleh, Ching Fui-Fui and Saleem Mustafa.
Human Capacity-building and Public Education Aligned with Global Perspectives for Adaptation in Coastal and Ocean Managemen: the Role of the Borneo Marine Research Institute, 2019. In book: Ocean Year Book 33 (pp. 268-286).
- Marlena Amatus, Najamuddin Abdul Basri, Rossita Shapawi & Sitti Raehanah Muhamad Shaleh. 2020. Effect of temperature on population growth of copepod, Euterpina acutifrons. Borneo Journal of Marine Science and Aquaculture: 04: 57-61
- Shah, M.D., Venmathi Maran, B.A., Haron, F.K.,Ransangan, J, Ching, F.F. M.S. Sitti Raehanah, S, Rossita, Yong, Y.S., Ohtsuka, S. 2020. Antiparasitic potential of Nephrolepis biserrata methanol extract against the parasitic leech Zeylanicobdella arugamensis (Hirudinea) and LC-QTOF analysis. Scientific Reports, 2020, 10(1), 22091
- Mustafa, S., Estim, A., Shaleh, S.R.M. 2020. Environmental Policy and Law, 2020, 49(4-5), pp. 232–236.
- Suzana Wahidin , Ani Idris , Noordin Mohd Yusof , Nor Hisham Haji Kamis , Sitti Raehanah Muhamad Shaleh. 2018. Optimization of the ionic liquid-microwave assisted one-step biodiesel production process from wet microalgal biomass. Energy Conversion and Management 171 (2018) 1397–1404
- Ganesan Kandasamy & Sitti Raehanah Muhamad Shaleh. 2018. Flotation removal of the microalga Nannochloropsis sp. using Moringa protein–oil emulsion: A novel green approach. Bioresource technology 247, 327-331
- Saleem Mustafa, Abentin Estim, Sitti Raehanah M. Shaleh & Rossita Shapawi. 2018. Positioning Of Aquaculture In Blue Growth And Sustainable Development Goals Through New Knowledge, Ecological Perspectives And Analytical Solutions. Aquaculturea Indonesiana. Vo.l 19 (1)
- WH Zuldin, R Shapawi, SRM Shaleh, NA Kadar, TM Lal.2017. First Report Of Caulerpa Macrodisca (Decaisne) Weber-Van Bosse In The West Coastal Area Of Sabah, Malaysia. Phycologia 56 (4), 209.
- Rossita Shapawi, Najamuddin Abdul Basri & Sitti Raehanah Muhd Shaleh. 2017. Green Water Meal as Protein and Carotenoid Sources in Grow-out Diets for Pacific White Shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei .Sains Malaysiana 46(12)(2017): 2281–2289
- Rafidah, O., Firdaus-Nawi, M , Sitti Raehanah, M. S., Ina-Salwany, M. Y., Ching, F. F. , Abidin, N. A and Zamri-Saad. 2017. An Outbreak of Vibrio alginolyticus Infection in Juvenile Sea Cucumbers Holothuria Scabra in Sabah, Malaysia, Pertanika J. Trop. Agric. Sci. 40 (4): 691 – 696 .