Dr. Wasita Boonsathorn
School of Language and Communication, NIDA
118 Serithai Road Bangkapi Bangkok 10240, Thailand
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 66 2 727 3166
Fax: 66 2 377 7892
The School of Language and Communication at the National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA) and The College of Innovation Education at Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand plan to jointly host the international conference on "Language and Communication and Culture : Dialogs and Contexts in Focus".
The conference will bring together scholars, researchers and practitioners working with language, communication, and culture across all fields of inquiry.
This is an interdisciplinary conference covering, but not limited to, such areas as:
- Pragmatics and Discourse Analysis
- Second Language Acquisition/Learning
- Colonialism and Post Colonialism in Cultural Studies
- Culture, identity and Cultural Management
- Communication Studies (Intercultural Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Non-verbal Communication and Gender-based Communication)
- Negotiation and Conflict/Crisis Management
- Technology, Media and Globalization
The conference will be held for 3 days, 19-21 October, 2005 at 5th Fl., Anekprasong Building, National Institute of Development Administration, Bangkok, Thailand. We expect approximately 100 local and overseas participants.